Oklahoma City Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SOURCE
OKLAHOMA CITY -- The registrar for all of the NBA's Internet domain names reserved okcthunderbasketball.com on July 10, according to information gleaned from whois.net.

CSC Corporate Domains describes itself as a domain name management company for corporations, law firms and intellectual property professionals. It is the registrar of record for nba.com and all other domains managed by NBA Media Ventures, LLC.

Over the course of the past two weeks, KOCO.com and SportsXtra have worked together to research what's called whois information on more than 200 domain names, with the focus primarily on possible nicknames such as Barons, Outlaws and Thunder. Most domain names and variations of them had been registered well before the settlement between the city of Seattle and the former Seattle Supersonics of the NBA.

Most of these domain names had been registered by individuals, many of whom work as domain-name squatters, people who register domain names in quantity for the purpose of selling them.
In case you dont understand, the company that registers the NBA domain names registered a new site called okcthunderbasketball.com
I also saw this on ESPNEWS bottom line
Rumors point to gold/black colors

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Much better than Barons, still think Outlaws would of been best.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miami Heat is also a great name, right?

It'll grow on you. It'll sound natural after a while.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
LOL To be honest the Nets is a stupid name but it has grown on me

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
I think it's an ok name, still think they should have went with Outlaws though..

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Ha, there are plenty dumb team names in professional sports.

But yeah, I deff like this better than the Barons. Good choice.

tribeTILLiDIE

Reaction score
Yeah, that new name is reallll straight. Quite intimidating. What is this, the WNBA?

gingerbreadmann

Reaction score
The colors will most likely be sky blue, red, with a little bit of gold. Take that how you want. Definitely unconfirmed though.
(and I find it comical that you all fell for the "Barons" thread, lol.)

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There is an http://www.nba.com/thunder link...just nothing is on the page yet. It's gotta be legit b/c when you mouseover OKC on the NBA schedule, that is the link that comes up in the lower left-hand corner of your browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%