Official Wrestling Talk Thread

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What a shitty raw. Two weeks until Wrestlemania, and this is the best they can do...

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mania predicitions, because what the hell.

John Cena defeats The Rock (new WWE Champion)
Trading off wins from last year, Cena's gotta take it. I don't know how long Rock is gonna stick around after WM and how they gonna make him look good in a job, but I can't see Cena losing.

The Undertaker defeats CM Punk
It's the streak, easiest bet on the card. I hope Taker has enough left in the tank to give us a WM25-esque performance.

Triple H defeats Brock Lesnar in a No-DQ match
Pretty much the same dilemma as the Rock. I'm 50/50 on this, Triple H needs to get his retaliation first and foremost, with HBK maybe being the game changer. I don't know, they didn't play up the retirement angle as big as with Flair or HBK, so I don't think this is it for him yet. But idk. Could go either way. Writing this I almost wanna go with Brock. 

Jack Swagger defeats Alberto Del Rio (new World Heavyweight Champion) 
Not really sure about this one. But Swagger has more to gain than ADR has to lose. If Swagger loses, the whole angle will be rendered pointless. The only other way I could see them going with Del Rio is with him pulling some kind of Eddie Guerrero and make him cheat to win, so the angle can continue after Wrestlemania.

The Shield defeats Randy Orton, Sheamus & Big Show
It's gonna come down to Orton, Show and Sheamus having some sort of conflict that's costing them the match. Again, The Shield has more to gain here, so I'm going with them.

Wade Barrett defeats The Miz (retains Intercontinental Championship)
Gut choice. Barrett needs to get into the main event, I hope they don't make him lose to the Miz.

Ryback defeats Mark Henry
Ryback looks like the obvious choice here. He needs a meaningful win to keep his push alive.

Team Hell No defeats Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston (retain Tag Team Championships)
Idk, could go either way. I just don't really want Dolph in the tag team division. How much time does he have left to cash in that godamn briefcase? Doesn't look like they have a plan for him at this point.

Fandango defeats Chris Jericho
Don't know what this is right here, they won't get much time. I guess for the sake of pushing the new guy, gotta go with him.

Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins defeat Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls
I thought Rhodes and Sandow broke up? Anyway, I'm going with them as the more serious team to beat the comedic team.

Match of the night:
I hope it's gonna be Taker/Punk. But I think it will end up being HHH/Brock. I have a feeling they could go a little more brutal than usual and have some dangerous bumps. If it's indeed Hunter's last match, he wants to go out with a bang, too.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the rock is booked for extreme rules. rumors are he wants to stick around until at least summer slam too. i personally want a fulltime champ but i really wanna see cena lose and the possible heel turn.

other than that id like to see zigE win for hell no to split. id agree with the rest.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea I can honestly see Kane and Bryan's relationship finally boil over to a point of them losing the titles. And I'd really like to see Bryan back in singles competition.
But I feel like Hell No is still sort of hot right now. They'd probably make Kane into a jobber again after they split anyway.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they need to give kane one last big push, im sure hes gonna hang em up within the next two years. im a fan of them giving the younger guys more chances to star buy kane needs a run.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kane probably wouldn't even want it.

RManske2

Reaction score
This last Monday Night Raw leading up to Wrestlemania sure does not have me that excited about the PPV, although the feud leading up to Undertaker/CM Punk has been really good.

General Wrestlemania predictions and thoughts (in no particular order)

1)  John Cena will beat The Rock and recapture the title and most of MetLife Stadium will boo the crap out of him.  I just have a very difficult time seeing Cena losing to The Rock in back-to-back Wrestlemania main events.  I just don't see what good it does the company going forward, unless The Rock wins a very physical match and Ziggler runs in and cashes in the briefcase (unlikely).

2)  Del Rio retains over Swagger.  I recall reading a while back on a different website (wrestlezone I think) that Swagger got busted a few months ago for DUII so I would be surprised if he wins here.  Personally, the best part of this feud has been Zeb Coulter and drawing heat for Swagger.

3)  Undertaker wins, hopefully he can go since you know Punk will put on a great match but I just don't see the streak ending.  Personally, I'd like to see this match and Taker go out with one big performance in Wrestlemania 30 next year and call it a career at this point.

4)  Triple H beats Lesnar.  Although there is something about the career stipulation that has me confused.  Perhaps I had too many drinks during Monday's show but didn't Heyman mention something about Triple H not being COO if he lost?  Is it just his wrestling career or career as a whole? 

5)  Fandango beats Jericho, as much as I like Jericho he's just going to put the new guy over.  I have to admit, I don't know why but the Fandango gimmick is growing me on and that top rope leg drop looks pretty impressive.

6)  The Shield will win, not sure if someone turns heel or just a weird situation but I think a loss would destroy the momentum they have going.  At the same time though, I'm not really sure where The Shield goes from here...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if anyone finds a link for mania, hookabruffaup

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm just using first row.

Miz took the IC off Barrett if anyone gives a shit lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
first row what? linkmeh

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol nevermimd got it

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
every damn link i clicked on said i needed to update my flash but it is lol

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's the first swerve of the the night.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel a Ziggler cash in coming

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats the rumor going around.

brehs dont post results, im watching tomorrow.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't open if you haven't watched yet

How the hell are you gonna fuck up a great match with that shit finish?

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
God this John Cena - Rock storyline this time around is so unbelievable lol. Makes it seem like those 12 World championships Cena won non existent lol.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How many promos have they showed for Rock/Cena so far? gotta be at least 5 lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%