elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jaylen Brown has the makings of an inconsistent shooting asset

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Brown hasn't shot the ball well (haven't watched yesterday's game yet but i recorded it but i heard he went 0-6) but he has tons of room to improve

his on-ball defense has been pretty great though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thin mints going for 16/15?!

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
apparently he fouled out, which is hard to do because the limit is 10, not 6

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
apparently he fouled out, which is hard to do because the limit is 10, not 6
bahahaha

who was the player that fouled out in like every summer league game a few years back?

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wasn't it Three Leg Greg?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Buddy is hot
but does he play elite defense like the Celtics guys

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
but does he play elite defense like the Celtics guys
You know to be honest, he's not going to be an average defender but it's so refreshing to see a Pelicans wing really work hard defensively. I've watched so much of Eric Gordon I forgot what that is like.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also just to throw this out there, in regards to Buddy and I guess a question as well:

Buddy has stated that Kobe was the guy he looked up to growing up. That's why he wears 24. Watching him this week, with the gunner mentality, the killer instinct, the "get me the ball" story at our scrimmage, the baseline fadeaway jumpers and some of his other midrange stuff, etc, I started to wonder 'What if he is just a less athletic Kobe?'

How good would that guy be?

Of course I expect him to be more of a team player and understand his role next to AD better than Kobe did with Shaq, but just in a pure basketball sense, how good would Kobe be if he was 80 percent the athlete? He probably would have compensated by working more on his range shooting, which Buddy has. But that mentality, that work ethic, that ultimate belief in himself, all that stuff, Buddy seems to share

Just a thought, since we always have to compare guys. That's what I was thinking all last night watching the game. So, what say you? How good/great would Kobe have been with 80 percent the athleticism?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I really liked Buddy (more than Jamal Murray for sure) -- Boston was just very crowded at the backcourt positions and it made a lot more sense to get a defensive SF like Jaylen over another guard that can't play SF. None of Thomas, Bradley, Smart, Rozier, RJ Hunter, and James Young are SFs versus Jae Crowder and Jonas Jerebko (who shouldn't really be anything more than a stretch 4) being the only ones. It made more sense to take Jaylen.

But Hield would have been my choice if we flopped Bradley for a SF. Dude's a great shooter, and can play good enough defense at SG. It's when he'd have to guard players tall 6'8" SFs that made him not a fit

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Also just to throw this out there, in regards to Buddy and I guess a question as well:

Buddy has stated that Kobe was the guy he looked up to growing up. That's why he wears 24. Watching him this week, with the gunner mentality, the killer instinct, the "get me the ball" story at our scrimmage, the baseline fadeaway jumpers and some of his other midrange stuff, etc, I started to wonder 'What if he is just a less athletic Kobe?'

How good would that guy be?

Of course I expect him to be more of a team player and understand his role next to AD better than Kobe did with Shaq, but just in a pure basketball sense, how good would Kobe be if he was 80 percent the athlete? He probably would have compensated by working more on his range shooting, which Buddy has. But that mentality, that work ethic, that ultimate belief in himself, all that stuff, Buddy seems to share

Just a thought, since we always have to compare guys. That's what I was thinking all last night watching the game. So, what say you? How good/great would Kobe have been with 80 percent the athleticism?
An even less efficient chucker 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
45 points and 19 rebounds from Jaylen Brown over the past two games

He's still raw but he's attacking so well

Paulius

Reaction score
Lol buddy will never be the defender kobe was. There will never be another kobe. As much as buddy tries to be like him, he wont match kobes career or his game

Paulius

Reaction score
Buddy shares kobes mentality?? His work ethic? Just bc he tries to be like him, doesnt mean he has all that. Atleast let him play a real nba game before making such comparrisons. Buddy hasnt done anything yet

Paulius

Reaction score
A better comparrison would be a poor mans james harden

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%