Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nooooo not at all

Matt Cooke's hit was within the rules apparently...but thats changing

Best team record wise but they won't even make the Finals...
Yeah Matt Cooke's was fine. Just knocking out the Bruins best player for the rest of the year.

And the Caps are the best team in the NHL, there's no denying that

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol keep hating and denying. NOt my problem
This year, I'd put guys like Ryan Miller and even Henrik Sedin in front of him...

Last year Malkin was more valuable and I'll continue to say that because its true...

Even Steve Mason was more valuable <_<

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This year, I'd put guys like Ryan Miller and even Henrik Sedin in front of him...

Last year Malkin was more valuable and I'll continue to say that because its true...

Keep hating and keep denying.

Ovechkin is the best player in the game

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah Matt Cooke's was fine. Just knocking out the Bruins best player for the rest of the year.

And the Caps are the best team in the NHL, there's no denying that
It was within the rules was it not? Its just a dirty shoulder which you should be familiar with if you watch Ovechkin :rolleyes:

This season they've been the best but I doubt they'll carry that into the playoffs...

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was within the rules was it not? Its just a dirty shoulder which you should be familiar with if you watch Ovechkin :rolleyes:

This season they've been the best but I doubt they'll carry that into the playoffs...
Stop defending the hit. It was dirty as <Censored> and you know it.

And to that second part, really, what's your evidence? Exactly, your evidence is your hatred for the Caps

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stop defending the hit. It was dirty as <Censored> and you know it.

And to that second part, really, what's your evidence? Exactly, your evidence is your hatred for the Caps
I already said it was dirty...I'm not defending it either i'm stating the facts. Do you think he wasn't penalized because they were just too shocked to do anything about it? There was nothing they could call on that...theres no penalty just for injuring a player so they couldn't do anything.

My evidence is last year when they were supposedly the best team, but lost to the Penguins. Then the year before when they were surging going into the playoffs, and lost to the Flyers...

Maybe the just can't beat teams from the Atlantic?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well he's the odds on favorite to win the Hart Trophy for the 3rd straight year. That's all I need to say

stewza

Reaction score

No way Hank Sedin is even close to being more valuable than Ovechkin, not even close.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What doesn't make him the best? Really? Who is better?
The fact he's a dirty player, plays near the blueline in hopes of the puck coming loose for a "breakaway", doesn't make his teammates better, and the fact that he's selfish

Better as an overall player...Sidney Crosby, Joe Thornton, and Evgeni Malkin

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well he's the odds on favorite to win the Hart Trophy for the 3rd straight year. That's all I need to say
Can you honestly say that means he's the best

When Brodeur won that Vezina over 1ST TEAM ALL STAR Evgeni Nabakov, do you think that was the right choice?

stewza

Reaction score
The fact he's a dirty player, plays near the blueline in hopes of the puck coming loose for a "breakaway", doesn't make his teammates better, and the fact that he's selfish

He wouldn't play that way if that wasn't how he was coached, but sure enough look at who has the most even strength goals? Ovechkin. Being a dirty player shouldn't have any effect on how valuable he is.

edit: and lolThornton, if he wins a Hart someone is going to hear my "why-I-awtas"

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

lol im just gonna shutup and let you post your crap. But I'm just warning you're coming off as stupid saying Ovechkin is not the best player in the NHL...and saying Joe Thornton and Malkin are better lmfao

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He wouldn't play that way if that wasn't how he was coached, but sure enough look at who has the most even strength goals? Ovechkin. Being a dirty player shouldn't have any effect on how valuable he is.
Ok...but thats the way he plays is it not?

No, Ovechkin being dirty does have an effect on how valuable he is. He's out there being overly aggressive for no reason and calls it physicality and people praise him for that

I don't see how going out there with an intent to injure, IE Sergei Gonchar and Jamie Heward, who may I remind you still hasn't come back from that concussion,is praised

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wings picked up a very clutch win last night against Ryan Miller :]

We need a Flames loss and a Preds loss now.

stewza

Reaction score
Ok...but thats the way he plays is it not?

No, Ovechkin being dirty does have an effect on how valuable he is. He's out there being overly aggressive for no reason and calls it physicality and people praise him for that

I don't see how going out there with an intent to injure, IE Sergei Gonchar and Jamie Heward, who may I remind you still hasn't come back from that concussion,is praised
He isn't praised for his physical play, he's praised for how much he brings it every night. People love to see guys trying their hardest night after night doing everything they can to win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4MiMm5U6W8

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol im just gonna shutup and let you post your crap. But I'm just warning you're coming off as stupid saying Ovechkin is not the best player in the NHL...and saying Joe Thornton and Malkin are better lmfao
Malkin is a better playmaker and has a better skillset than Ovechkin...

Like last season right? Can you tell me Malkin wasn't better than Ovechkin last year honestly...

How bout that season turnaround to lead the Penguins right into the playoffs, past Ovechkin and the Capitals, AND to the Cup?

Please tell me that Malkin didn't play the biggest role in that PLEASE TELL ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%