Official Minnesota Vikings Fan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
idk man.. holt is a FA now and he brings less attention and will play hard with no problems.. but i would Take TO if he came to me.. so its hard to say..
Well I seriously doubt Brad Childress has any interest in having to deal with T.O. again. I almost forgot that Chilly was Philly's offensive coordinator when T.O. wore out his welcome there. According to Chris Mortenson, Childress was one of the one's who was strongly against the Eagles keeping T.O. back when.

I agree that if Holt is out there, bring him in. Holt's production dropped last season but I think that's got more to do with Linehan's terrible offensive gameplan, as opposed to Holt's productivity.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
i think holt would be a great addition..

that would keep berrian still at the 1 spot yet draw more attention to holt to free him up.. then maybe sidney rice will actually produce..

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We just need a good possession receiver, with great hands, and isn't afraid to get hit. After having to deal with Marcus Robinson, Troy Williamson, Sidney Rice, Bobby Wade, and Berrian...I fed up with seeing nothing but an occasional deep ball-catch-and-score from our passing game.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
IMO Williamson, and Robinson were only the big disappointments..

Rice will develop. he just needs to find a role and take it. He needs to become the over the middle reciever..

Berrian had a decent season. could produce more.

Wade hasnt done much but i didnt expect him to come in and make huge plays.

SHAINCOE IS A BEAST.. END OF STORY.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IMO Williamson, and Robinson were only the big disappointments..

Rice will develop. he just needs to find a role and take it. He needs to become the over the middle reciever..

Berrian had a decent season. could produce more.

Wade hasnt done much but i didnt expect him to come in and make huge plays.

SHAINCOE IS A BEAST.. END OF STORY.
If Rice ever reaches his potential, he's going to be the same exact type of receiver Berrian is and having 2 speedy-deep threats doesn't do our West Coast Offense much justice. Berrian made some great plays off the deep ball last season but those plays are like lightning in that they only strike on occasion. What we need is a big, physical receiver that has great hands, knows how to find the openings in the zone and will make the grab in traffic. Hines Ward is a prime example of that type of guy.

Wade isn't much more than a 3rd or 4th option & Shiancoe drops way too many freaking clutch passes. Shiancoe put up solid numbers last season but if you look at how many times he was thrown too...he actually underachieved.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
i never really saw rice as a speedy deep threat reciever.. he put some weight on and can develop into that over the middle reciever

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i never really saw rice as a speedy deep threat reciever.. he put some weight on and can develop into that over the middle reciever
He's fast, tall, a string-bean...and has yet to really show me that he's anything close to a possession guy. I started having doubts about him after all the time he missed last season. I am still not exactly sure why the hell he missed so many games.

Digital_Viking

Reaction score
okay after reading everyting, heres what i have to say...

first off, Birk is a Raven, he signed yesterday I think. John Sullivan will take his spot and according to Childress, hes ready to start cuz hes been learning behind Birk since he got here. I'm not as confident =/

T.O. will not be a Viking, 10 or so teams have already came out and said that they have no interest in Owens, the Vikings being one of them. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Baltimore but idk how that would work out with T.O. and Ray Lewis in the same locker room.
(by the way, Ray Lewis just re-signed yesterday incase you missed that)

Sidney Rice is starting to lose hope from me. His first year he showed lots of potential but this past year was a huge disappointment, but of course you can argue that he was hurt a lot.
This year is going to be the make or break year for him if he can stay healthy. I dont think Rice is a speedster like Berrian is, but he does have deceiving speed which I like. I'm really hoping we incorporate Aundrae Allison more this year into the offense. I really like him a lot.
Here is they way I see our WR's next year...

1. Berrian (obviously lol)
2. Rice or Nicks or Harvin (were gonna draft either Nicks or Harvin and the #2 WR is open for anyone of these but im pulling for Rice)
3. Wade (he is our slot man through and through)
4. Allison (like i said, I would love to see him thrown in there more.)

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
rice has playd in 13 games both seasons and only had 15 catches this year

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Aundrae is no more than a return-man & I think Berrian is best suited as a #2.

Digital_Viking

Reaction score
Aundrae is no more than a return-man & I think Berrian is best suited as a #2.
yeah i know thats what allison is pretty much only used for, but i think he is a decent WR.

and i agree that berrian is a better #2 man, but the problem is we dont have a better guy for #1.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
When you wake up tomorrow and log onto SI...remember this comment when you see ur warning level at 110%.
It's not at %110 Yet :butwiggle:

Seriously, I don't want T.O. in Minnesota, go to chicago T.O.!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We will make a play for Torry Holt.

Your crazy if you think we are going to get Harvin or Hakeem Nicks in the draft. Even if we did, neither are the type of WR we need.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
We will make a play for Torry Holt.

Your crazy if you think we are going to get Harvin or Hakeem Nicks in the draft. Even if we did, neither are the type of WR we need.
i swear if they draft harvin or nicks without getting what they need first.. im going to minneapolis and burning the metrodome down.. along with the practice facility in eden prairie.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Let the Vikings or Bears get someone so they can stay away from DHB lol.

Digital_Viking

Reaction score
i swear if they draft harvin or nicks without getting what they need first.. im going to minneapolis and burning the metrodome down.. along with the practice facility in eden prairie.

are you serious? why dont you guys like harvin or nicks? either one would help us.

what do we need first then?

vikesfan

Reaction score
Our offensive line is what needs to be improved the most in the offseason. Especially with the departure of Birk. I actually would be happy if we went into the season with receivers we have, maybe use one of our late picks on a receiver for some depth. Jaymar Johnson and Aundrae Allison should be used more in the offense this year. I say use first 2 rounds on guards and tackles. Last year how often did we see Tarvaris Jackson have to run for his life, or watch Gus Frerotte get piss pounded into the ground. I was thinking maybe with the 3rd round pick we could draft a corner. I heard that they were thinking about moving Antoine Winfield to Safety in the next few years to extend his career.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes, Birk is gone now & that means we have a giant hole in the center of our Offensive line.

Move Cook to Center and that leaves us with a hole at RT. To be quite honest, I don't like Cook much as it is. Don't talk to me about Sullivan either...as I don't care what Brad Childress says. One thing I have learned about Brad Childress, he has no brains when it comes to making the right decisions amongst personnel.

We need to focus the draft on Offensive Line first...Defensive Line second.

vikesfan

Reaction score
Yes, Birk is gone now & that means we have a giant hole in the center of our Offensive line.

Move Cook to Center and that leaves us with a hole at RT. To be quite honest, I don't like Cook much as it is. Don't talk to me about Sullivan either...as I don't care what Brad Childress says. One thing I have learned about Brad Childress, he has no brains when it comes to making the right decisions amongst personnel.

We need to focus the draft on Offensive Line first...Defensive Line second.
I would poop my pants though if we drafted a DE in the 1st round, that could be some fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%