Official College Gameday Thread

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh my I'm so fucking irritated right now.

People can say this game was cancelled because of the Hurricane, but let me speak the truth here, this game was cancelled because of the incompetence and hideous lack of leadership from Jeremy Foley and Greg Sankey.

This may be the most embarrassing moment in the history of the SEC, total clown show. The SEC Comissioner got strong armed by an AD, completely asleep at the wheel.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is a cowardly act by Florida as well, and Sankey made it clear that he's not strong enough to make these decisions in tough situations. This would have never happened under Michael Slive.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's upset that they canceled a game that they could have played in Baton Rouge, which is something that they've been ready to do for the past 48 hours, and UF wouldn't budge.

Should go down as a UF forfeit if that's the case.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to give up a home game

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
He's upset that they canceled a game that they could have played in Baton Rouge, which is something that they've been ready to do for the past 48 hours, and UF wouldn't budge.

Should go down as a UF forfeit if that's the case.

I thought the forfeit thing was strong, I heard people suggesting it, but did not agree with it.  Now I think I do, but that's just on the shoulders of the weakness of the SEC Commissioner.  LSU was willing to play this game on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday.  They offered to play it in Gainesville, they offered to play it in Baton Rouge, and they offered to play it at a neutral field.  They offered to fly their private planes to go pick up every member of Florida's personnel and fly them somewhere to play the game, they even secured enough rooms for everyone in Baton Rouge AND New Orleans.  But Jeremy Foley said this game wasn't being played anywhere but Gainesville and the weak SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey said "ok Jeremy, ok, whatever you decide on let me know," when he should have said Tuesday that the game is either getting played, find somewhere to play it, or you're forfeiting.  He never did that.

Bottom line is Florida did not want to play this game.  They have now gift wrapped themselves a birth in the SEC Championship game, while screwing over LSU (mathematically eliminated if this game doesn't play) and Tennessee (still to play Bama and A&M).  It's cowardly.

I'll probably keep repeating myself, but the fact that it's come to this is a tremendous lack of leadership from Greg Sankey.  In 2005, when LSU played Tenn on a Monday night, Mike Slive (then SEC Comm) made the decision to move the game and said that he understands it put a burden on LSU and it's administration but the circumstances required that decision.  That's leadership, but Sankey allowed the prisons to run the asylum.

elcheato said:
I wouldn't want to give up a home game
I understand that, and actually agree, but like I said above, sometimes the circumstances requires that. Look at South Carolina last year with their flooding.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and it's sad that Florida and the SEC will likely paint LSU in a bad light because Florida said "hey, lets play on November 19th" and LSU declined.

Fact is though, LSU has a home game scheduled on that date and you absolutely can't go to South Alabama and say that we aren't playing.

LSU is having a press conference in 15 minutes and Joe Alleva needs to put his heals in the dirt and say something like: "Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Florida, we can lend support to those in the state of Florida in any way possible, but we tried in earnest to make this game happen, we offered to play Saturday, Sunday, or Monday.  We offered to play in Gainesville, Baton Rouge, or a neutral site.  We offered to go pick up Florida and fly them to the game site.  But the University of Florida was adamant, we are not playing this game anywhere else but Florida, even though a precedent has been set in even though it's incredibly difficult, sometimes it has to be done."

Point the finger at them but do it delicately, but make it known what's really going on here.

This is Alleva's chance to be a strong AD, and he needs to make a statement.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol Alleva suggested to play the game on Sunday in front of nobody and they didn't even want to do that.  Florida flat out had no interest in playing this game.  Cowards.  Says they would have done anything to play the game, planes and buses ready to go.

Also said Florida did not ask about playing on the 19th, which they said they did.  Somebody is lying.

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
Just schedule the game to Nov 19 and buy the little guys out
BrewCrewFan said:

Has nothing to do with the teams they played first tho 

Shut up. Our offense was one of the worst in the FBS for years under Les Miles, it's not just because we played Wisconsin in week one. We lost to fucking Auburn too. Quit bragging.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I don't see how they have a cakewalk to the SECCG

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I don't see how they have a cakewalk to the SECCG

Florida has Missouri, Georgia, Arkansas, and South Carolina left while sitting at 2-1 in the Conference.  Tennessee has Bama, A&M, South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vanderbilt left.  With cancelling this game, Floridas path to the SECCG is a whole lot more wide open because they wimped out of their toughest game left.

Cliff notes of LSU's AD interview this morning on local radio, you can tell the guy is pissed:

-LSU made every effort to play this game

-LSU had transportation in place to play game in Gainesville come hell or high water whichever day FL wanted.

-Foley was adamant until yesterday afternoon that the game would be played at UF and rebuffed ANY conversation of moving the game.

-called McMurphy of ESPN a liar that was looking for clickbait with his story about LSU's refusal to reschedule game. 100% false

-each conference call that took place had reps from LSU, UF, and the SEC.

-SEC did NOTHING to step in and encourage a decision be made. Joe said not once did they put any pressure on UF.

-game will almost certainly not be rescheduled.

Hearing him call McMurphy a "flat out liar" was very interesting.  

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:

Florida has Missouri, Georgia, Arkansas, and South Carolina left while sitting at 2-1 in the Conference.  Tennessee has Bama, A&M, South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vanderbilt left.  With cancelling this game, Floridas path to the SECCG is a whole lot more wide open.

Cliff notes of LSU's AD interview this morning on local radio, you can tell the guy is pissed:

-LSU made every effort to play this game

-LSU had transportation in place to play game in Gainesville come hell or high water whichever day FL wanted.

-Foley was adamant until yesterday afternoon that the game would be played at UF and rebuffed ANY conversation of moving the game.

-called McMurphy of ESPN a liar that was looking for clickbait with his story about LSU's refusal to reschedule game. 100% false

-each conference call that took place had reps from LSU, UF, and the SEC.

-SEC did NOTHING to step in and encourage a decision be made. Joe said not once did they put any pressure on UF.

-game will almost certainly not be rescheduled.

Hearing him call McMurphy a "flat out liar" was very interesting.  
Tennessee also has tiebreaker over Florida and Georgia and Florida still play. It's far from wide open

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Florida will take care of Georgia and finish one game ahead of Tennessee because of this cancelled game. SECCG birth.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So as it turns out this storm has really done nothing to Gainesville and they've gotten a "stiff breeze" and not much rain. What a friggin joke.

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
So as it turns out this storm has really done nothing to Gainesville and they've gotten a "stiff breeze" and not much rain. What a friggin joke.
You should know as well as anyone that hurricanes aren't a joke. There's a lot that goes into planning for scenarios like this, and you know it's bigger than a football game. Let's not act like LSU is completely cleared from blame because I heard they could've had the Nov 19 deal but LSU didn't want to buy out South Alabama and then play 3 straight SEC road games. It's all just one big unfortunate thing for everyone.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh I really don't disagree with that.  I don't have any issue with them not playing the game tomorrow at 11 am.  Given the chances of what could have happened, it was a no brainer to move it back.  What I've had an issue with is how it was handled.  No reason this game should have ever been canceled, and lets be honest, they say postponed but this game has been canceled.  We all know that.  

As far as LSU, you can't ask them to cancel that Nov 19th game.  You're losing a home game and the only thing you get back from the SEC is ticket revenue.  What about the impact of Baton Rouge businesses?  Hotels and bars that depend on that revenue to operate.  What about merchandise sales?  Concessions?  Can go on and on.  Canceling that game while only getting the ticket revenue back isn't and shouldn't be an option for LSU, and I hope they stand strong on that one.  

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Clay TravisVerified account
?@ClayTravis Clay Travis Retweeted Brandon Chrisman
Florida hosting recruits for a game that isnt happening is peak #dbap. What about their families?!

Brandon Chrisman @brandonchrisman
Hey @ClayTravis, apparently the storm wasn't bad enough to keep UF from hosting football recruits this weekend.

ETA:

Clay Travis ?@ClayTravis 21m21 minutes ago
So Florida had two different teams travel for games this weekend and is still hosting football recruits this weekend. Total cowards.
These fuckers are something else

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Clay Travis should literally never be quoted 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%