Official Boxing Talk Thread

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How is he ducking the fight he just wants Pacquio to take a drug test before the fight and both of them will take it. Don't see how he is ducking a fight he just wants to make sure the shits legit.

Reaction score
Fuck out of here...He's a first ballot HOFER
Listen. I won't deny Floyd's status as an All Time great, but to put him in a category with guys like Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, Henry Armstong, etc, is just totally wrong.. He's need to take a test, and until he fights his test (Pacman) I won't give him any credit as a legend. Even if he does beat him, he still never had to fight the wars Ali, and Robinson did, so he even still wouldn't be on that level. Yes he's a great fighter, yes he will be in the Hall of Fame (Boxing HOF is a joke, but he deserves it.)

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How is he ducking the fight he just wants Pacquio to take a drug test before the fight and both of them will take it. Don't see how he is ducking a fight he just wants to make sure the shits legit.
He want's Pacquiao to take an Olympic style drug test.. They take drug tests regardless. Something that isn't normally asked of fighters. And I don't know if it's true but I heard Jim Rome say that Pacquiao and his trainer said they'd be okay with the Olympic Style testing to get the fight, but idk if that's true..

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard Manny wants a cut off date within 14 days before the fight or some shit like that.

And no offense Danny but that post was stupid. How many fucking boxers have went through the shit Ali and Sugar Ray did? Don't worry I'll wait...Is Lennox Lewis any less of a HOFER because he didn't have to fight Joe Frazier?

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Floyd has dominated the best weight class in boxing right and just one man stands in his way.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Young is right, boxing isnt what it used to be so that statement isnt fair

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fuck it I don't want to see the Pac vs Money fight, I wanna see this.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That Sergio fight was horrible. Barker had a good plan but was way too weak to even pose a threat. I'd like to see a stronger fighter than Barker try what he did on sergio by sort of fighting like Winky used to do.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Damn I saw some HBO stuff after the fight. Mayweather and Ortiz's women are hot as hell, obviously they would be with all that cash. But you dont always see that shit in the NBA....

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
Listen. I won't deny Floyd's status as an All Time great, but to put him in a category with guys like Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, Henry Armstong, etc, is just totally wrong.. He's need to take a test, and until he fights his test (Pacman) I won't give him any credit as a legend. Even if he does beat him, he still never had to fight the wars Ali, and Robinson did, so he even still wouldn't be on that level. Yes he's a great fighter, yes he will be in the Hall of Fame (Boxing HOF is a joke, but he deserves it.)
you could say the same however, about pretty much anyone in any sport.
greatness should be judged by what the person did in the time which they played their respective sport, not by what others have done in the past and how they match up to them.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard Floyd Mayweather is paying for all the funeral costs for fraziers funeral.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard Floyd Mayweather is paying for all the funeral costs for fraziers funeral.
when he tweeted about joe passing i thought right away i could see floyd doing this. real classy move.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pac, I'm not impressed with your performance :S

Still want to see Mayweather/Pacman doe.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Looked like Marquez won to me or it was a draw, but boxing needs Mayweather/Pacman so I'm not surprised and it's not as marketable if Pacman is coming off a loss, even though it was really close.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I thought it was a draw. That was not a very good performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%