OFFICIAL: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh, and I also think its absolutely hilarious that AD is leaving New Orleans because he wants to win, yet his two preferred teams are the Knicks and Lakers. The two teams with by far the worst records in the NBA the last six years. With the Pels new FO and foundation thats like a Google or Apple employee leaving to go work for MySpace.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well the thing is nola, um, .......

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Oh, and I also think its absolutely hilarious that AD is leaving New Orleans because he wants to win, yet his two preferred teams are the Knicks and Lakers. The two teams with by far the worst records in the NBA the last six years. With the Pels new FO and foundation thats like a Google or Apple employee leaving to go work for MySpace.
Lmfao

Mentch

Some Fucking Dude
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Look its fair that youre defending your team but you couldnt be more off base with your statements. Griffins entire reputation was based on lebron making a decision to come back to Cleveland and the team continually lucking into 3 lottery picks in 4 seasons (with 2 of them jumping from 8 to 1 and 9 to 1, respectively). Remember, this was the guy who was in charge of the Anthony Bennett pick

And yeah lets trash Anthony Davis for wanting to go play with lebron.... I agree that him wanting to go to the Knicks is a joke, but youre fooling yourself if you think that the Pelicans are his best option out of those teams

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they're far and away the best front office. May have not been true back in February, but it certainly is now. I know y'all are laughing, but I'm not sitting here saying the Pelicans are an elite level front office. Just that they're leaps and bounds better than the shit show that is the Lakers and Knicks.

But that's honestly irrelevant to me, I think the situation could have been handled better, but I have no problems with AD wanting to go elsewhere. Just don't tell me you want out because you want to win then you're preferred destinations are the worst two teams in the win-loss column over the last half decade plus.

And it's fine to want to play with LeBron, but lets not act like wanting to go play with a 34 year old that has played more minutes in the NBA than any other active player aside from Dirk and experienced his body not holding up for the first time really ever is a smart business decision. I would be trying to get pushed somewhere with a younger superstar.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
How the fuck can you say you have an elite front office lmao

they havent even been together for a month. David Griffin's "best" move of his career is trading the #1 pick for KLove and while a bright mind Langdon hasnt done much of anything

you also clearly dont understand how its more marketable to be in LA or NYK. Nobody cares about their W/L except for you. The Lakers were very openly tanking for draft picks (Knicks do suck) but its more about how both teams can add Davis AND 1-2 max players to the team. I'd rather play with LeBron or KD or Kyrie, because its a players league and THAT'S how you win. Nobody is voluntarily playing in New Orleans, and its why you wont win a title

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

he didn't

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
he didn't
bosox has been doing this the entire time. Dudes reading comprehension is lower than my godchilds.

A grown man having the magnificent ability to read something and take something out of it that wasnt said every single time is something to really take in.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
but I'm not sitting here saying the Pelicans are an elite level front office.

bosoxlover12 said:

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
buzzy said:
he didn't
guess i missed the three-letter word not when I drunkenly read it at midnight ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

usually when someone makes a comparison saying they are Apple and the competition is Myspace, theyre calling themselves elite. I thought that was the whole point of the statement

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Going from the pelicans to the lakers is like going from a startup company with no chance of breaking even to a terribly run Fortune 500 that just had a hit piece written on it. Better?

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Going from the pelicans to the lakers is like going from a startup company with no chance of breaking even to a terribly run Fortune 500 that just had a hit piece written on it. Better?
Good analogy.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/sichrismannix/status/1138794894007373824?s=21

Just more confirmation that Bostons not gonna make this trade

I dont know what can be more definitive than his agent saying hes not re-signing in Boston (if Davis says it he gets fined because hes under contract)

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
People who refer to themselves in the third person >>>

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do you smell what Rich Paul is cooking?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mannix also reported this yesterday afternoon:

Could Boston keep Kyrie Irving? The erosion of Irvings feelings towards the Celtics since his public declaration that he intended to re-sign last October has been swift, and there are those in and around the organization that believe he is gone. Team president Danny Ainge isnt one of them. Ainge remains determined to do what he can to keep Irving, league sources tell SI.com, and the Celtics can still recruit Irving by vowing to do whatever it takes to bring Anthony Davis to Boston. The Celtics can still offer the strongest collection of players and draft picks, with Jayson Tatum the centerpiece of it.
My take on this is is pretty simple. If Griffin preferred the Lakers deal it would be done by now. Theyre offering everything. But like Ive always said, there would be moving parts in any Lakers deal. Its clear Griffin prefers the Boston deal, and Klutch knows that, resulting in that quote.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Mannix also reported this yesterday afternoon:

My take on this is is pretty simple. If Griffin preferred the Lakers deal it would be done by now. Theyre offering everything. But like Ive always said, there would be moving parts in any Lakers deal. Its clear Griffin prefers the Boston deal, and Klutch knows that, resulting in that quote.
or there is no more boston offer on the table? or every offer has dwindled because the pels have no leverage

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
or there is no more boston offer on the table? or every offer has dwindled because the pels have no leverage
No and no. Pelicans had tons of leverage already, and have only gotten more since the Kawhi thing and the KD injury has played out. I said it the other day, but all offers will be on the table by this weekend and sometime early to mid next week youll hear about the final deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%