OFFICIAL: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The AD trade sweepstakes is starting to heat up again.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pelican fans gotta be rooting for the Knicks to win the lottery, since it would be the best path to get Zion for AD. Which has to be the best offer, I mean how unattractive does Jayson Tatum look right about now?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From my understanding outside of someone winning the lottery the Celtics can still offer the best package, but the biggest change comes David Griffin and the way he looks at the draft.

With Demps, the Pels would only accept Zion for AD. With Griffin, he prefers #2 (Morant) to Tatum, and he may even prefer the 3rd pick to Tatum. So it no longer would take a team winning the lottery.

I know Tatum, Smart, Kings pick, filler, and Clippers pick for AD has been agreed on. They talk about Jaylen Brown and the Grizzlies pick. Ainge says one, Griffin says both. So that should be interesting if it comes to it.

Griffin and company will also be personally meeting with AD between the 17th-21st in Chicago to try and get him to buy in and resign long term, so I guess thats still a possibility but I wouldnt expect it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
From my understanding outside of someone winning the lottery the Celtics can still offer the best package, but the biggest change comes David Griffin and the way he looks at the draft.

With Demps, the Pels would only accept Zion for AD. With Griffin, he prefers #2 (Morant) to Tatum, and he may even prefer the 3rd pick to Tatum. So it no longer would take a team winning the lottery.

I know Tatum, Smart, Kings pick, filler, and Clippers pick for AD has been agreed on. They talk about Jaylen Brown and the Grizzlies pick. Ainge says one, Griffin says both. So that should be interesting if it comes to it.

Griffin and company will also be personally meeting with AD between the 17th-21st in Chicago to try and get him to buy in and resign long term, so I guess thats still a possibility but I wouldnt expect it.
what do YOU want as a fan? realistically and dreaming? is keeping hkm even worth it? it's clear you guys dont have what it takes to win with him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it would be interesting to see what they could do now that they finally have a real franchise. They were embarrassed by the way they were viewed in league circles and by the media. They went from the franchise with the least amount of resources in the league to at least something competitive. For example, the dude behind the Phoenix athletic training staff, often viewed as the best in the league, they just hired him away from Phoenix.

I guess best case is they somehow convince him to resign. At that point you have the hardest part figured out, and thats getting a player of ADs level. You also have another top 20-30 player locked up long term.

Me though, Im ready to move on. My dream scenario is someone lands the 1st or 2nd pick and its moved for AD, then you have Zion or Morant, plus more players and future picks, plus the Pels own pick which I think pre lottery is slotted at 7.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Nothing I'd rather talk about on the day of two Game 7's than the Lelicans

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Be a grown up and ignore it brother

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I think it would be interesting to see what they could do now that they finally have a real franchise. They were embarrassed by the way they were viewed in league circles and by the media. They went from the franchise with the least amount of resources in the league to at least something competitive. For example, the dude behind the Phoenix athletic training staff, often viewed as the best in the league, they just hired him away from Phoenix.

I guess best case is they somehow convince him to resign. At that point you have the hardest part figured out, and thats getting a player of ADs level. You also have another top 20-30 player locked up long term.

Me though, Im ready to move on. My dream scenario is someone lands the 1st or 2nd pick and its moved for AD, then you have Zion or Morant, plus more players and future picks, plus the Pels own pick which I think pre lottery is slotted at 7.
i like your idea. best way to deal with it.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The AD sweepstakes just got SO much more interesting

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rattle off some shit

Wtf happened lmao

Knicks vs lakers for AD?

Is Tatum on the table?

Klutch???

AD is pissed or happy I wonder

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
• Knox+RJ
• Ingram+Lonzo+#4
• Tatum+Smart+picks

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
• Knox+RJ
• Ingram+Lonzo+#4
• Tatum+Smart+picks
I will say Griffin likes Ingram, and Gentry supposedly likes Lonzo. So with the Lakers getting #4, it's more possible than it was an hour ago.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tatum smart and picks lol

No chance

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I had to pick right now, I would say AD is on the Pels roster to open next season.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i loved how 15 minutes after the lotto it came out he still wanted out. like give the man some time lol

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
i loved how 15 minutes after the lotto it came out he still wanted out. like give the man some time lol
Theyre meeting in Chicago sometime in the next few days and the rumored most likely scenario is AD chooses to pick up his 20-21 option and plays out this season to see how the franchise functions and the resources it has. Then next summer he either signs the supermax or requests a trade, and at that point they wont fight him.

ADs people have talked to some people theyre close with, like Wilbon, and not these fake wanna be news makers like others at ESPN, and while AD is not open to signing the supermax now he is open to picking up that option and seeing where this thing goes. David Griffin being so close to clutch sports helps tremendously as well. Its all about compromise.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And today the first thing i see on twitter is gail saying she'll trade him to the lakes "over my dead body "

And then another report that they arent high on Knox

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Im sorry but theres no way Davis plays another game for New Orleans. All he does is risk an injury and devaluing himself

Hes certainly not accepting any player options because that hes under contract for this upcoming season as it is. Hes either signing a supermax or hes demanding a trade, and hint its the latter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%