Official 2012 NHL regular season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bruins better bring their A game vs Nucks on saturday. They're hungry.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bruins better bring their A game vs Nucks on saturday. They're hungry.
They've scored twice as many goals as they have given up.

Outscoring opponents 46-11 in their last nine games. The rest of the NHL better hope that's their "A" game

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Impressive but I think Canucks are gonna come out hungrier than ever. Beating them in a reguar season isn't exactly what you call redemption but I'm sure beating them would be somewhat of a consolation prize lol.

BlueNation

Reaction score
Leafs DESTROYED the Jets. Totally outplayed them, fun game to be at.

Was in the friends and family waiting room after for our friend on the team and let me tell you, hockey players have some of the HOTTEST girlfriends around.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
And Sweden wins!!! wooo, serves ya right russia

BlueNation

Reaction score
It baffles me how big the world juniors are here, but back home in the US no one knows it even exists. S/O to the US for choking this year btw, like wtf?

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
Hahaha not even to the quarter finals, ive never seen them choke this bad. But then again i shouldnt be talking because canada didnt go to the gold medal game this year, first time in 10 years weve had to settle for bronze

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Honestly, I really wished Kuznestov had scored in OT. Just to stick it to Eric Francis.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Luongo not playing for the Canucks today

You're gonna tell me he's not still shaken up from the Cup? Bullshit.

iInsulin

Reaction score
So Briere got in a fight today and needed an assist for the old Gordie Howe hat trick; instead he scored the winner in OT for his third goal of the game and the more conventional hat trick.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
Briere is so underrated in my opinion, he's actually so fucking good its crazy

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I always liked Briere. And I guess any hat trick is good lol.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Couldn't watch the Nucks game today but I heard it was rough. Guess the Canucks showed that they can hang with the Goons.

EDIT: Marchand is a fucking bitch.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
woo preds winning 3-0 at the end of the second

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
and ellis gets hid first career goal and assist in the same game! fucking rights!

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tough loss for the wings tonight. Really could have used the two points

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Couldn't watch the Nucks game today but I heard it was rough. Guess the Canucks showed that they can hang with the Goons.

EDIT: Marchand is a fucking bitch.
heh, you guys scored 4 PPGs. We all knew you could do it on the man advantage. They were no where near the Bruins even strength.

Marchand's "hit" (he ducked the check) looked worse than it was but I don't expect other teams to like him.

He's more of a rat anyway. You want to know bitch? How about Burrows putting his stick in Thornton's throat and then 6 guys on top of Thornton. (Also explain to me how they came away with a 5 on 3). Or Weise telling Thornton they were gonna go and then, when Thorty drops the gloves, he skates away. Even the ref thought he was a bitch and threw him in the box anyway.

Good or bad, you have to live with the refs. Bruins lost, fine, it was bound to happen sometime. But the officiating was pretty poor and it seemed that the worst of it benefited Vancouver.

Lucic should have never been thrown out; as evidenced by the league rescinding his game misconduct.

Marchand's "penalty" was a 2 and a game at worst.

It is what it is but you're fooling yourself if you think the game doesn't end differently if that happens. [/rant]

I will say this..how long till you trade Luongo? lol

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Marchand deserved what he got. Was that an intent to injure Salo? Idk maybe but there was no doubt in mind that it was a dirty play. He's a small dude, he should know that ducking that low to "protect" yourself is a dumb idea. To me it looked like Salo was just trying to keep the puck in the Boston zone to keep the powerplay alive. He was never gonna try and hit Marchand. Also Salo really had no chance of avoiding the hit as he was turning at that point.

Burrows is really a pest more than a bitch. He likes pissing players off and it obviously worked on Thornton. Really not that big of a deal to me.

Ok Weise I'll give you that. What about Lucic leaving the bench to join the line brawl when he wasn't even supposed to be on?

Reffing wasn't obviously the best but I expected them to call everything since there was still bad blood between the two.

Also what does this has to do with Luongo? lol he's not going anywhere. It's nice to have the luxury of knowing that you have two goalies that can get the job done.

I'll give you this though, I still thought that the Canucks were being pushed around a little bit. Adding someone like Parros would really help the Canucks in the post season.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I never said what Marchand did was smart. It was clearly dumb. My problem is with the rest of the world believing Marchand looking to injure. He hit Salo at the thigh/knee area. Go look at video, still pictures, whatever you'd like. There's absolutely no "throwing" of his body at Salo's knees. Which is what is the reason a clipping penalty would be called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7xzMgpIEOk - how much is that different from Marchand's? Nothing. Because it's Marchand, though, the Canucks think it's murder.

We have the exact same view of Burrows/Marchand, with respect to our teams.

Lucic was part of the line that was coming off. There's a picture where it's clear that he still has a skate on the ice and his replacement (Dan Paille) is completely on the bench. He's in his right to get involved. And the NHL admitted they screwed up by taking away the game misconduct.

My comment about Luongo was a joke that he can't handle the pressure when Schneider can. Schneider is a HUGE reason they won that game yesterday. But that should have been Luongo's game. After all the crap he took during and after the Cup finals. This was his chance to step in and shut us up. Don't feed me crap about goalie schedules or whatever. If Luongo wanted this game, he would have played in it. Instead, he chose to take it in from the bench.

Canucks did as much "pushing" as the Bruins yesterday (and the same as every team in the league). Like you said though, they don't have a "heavyweight" like Parros to fight Thornton.

We can agree on one thing, it would be an entertaining Cup finals to see these two again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%