Official '14 NCAA Tournament Thread

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
King Rawky said:
Its not just the better nba teaching either, money factors in too. Why not go to the NBA where you will get paid to get better? rather than play for nothing and probably not improve all that much.

Agreed about the NCAA, it's ran horribly.

To speak to your point in this post though: Like I said, a lot of players are starting to realize that they could leave early, get a good contract for 2-4 years and then probably flame out, but they're waiting until they're ready so they can earn a good SECOND contract. Obviously not all players operate this way.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And I'm of the opinion that staying doesn't make you more ready, so its irrelevant to me.

dcpwner

Reaction score
elcheato said:
And I'm of the opinion that staying doesn't make you more ready, so its irrelevant to me.
I agree. IMO kids who know theyre gonna make the NBA are living a dream. If they're mature enough to handle it they just are. If not, staying in college won't help. Especially since most of these kids are treated more like Gods in college than they would in the NBA anyways. 
And I agree with your sentiments on development. Kids who need to develop should just go. If the natural ability is apparent they should just go IMO.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is it just me or does this:

look like it shouldn't fit in here:

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dayton to the Elite 8. Can't like their shot against Florida but hey George Mason and VCU both 11 seeds beat 1 seeds in their elite 8 games.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think they "have" to be considered a threat. They've beaten an OSU team that can't score, a Syracuse team that is 3-5 in their last 8, and now a 10 seed. I'm not trying to take anything away from them, but it turned out to be a favorable draw that allowed for two upsets and the defeat of an equally matched team. Florida will probably kill them.

dcpwner

Reaction score
elcheato said:
I don't think they "have" to be considered a threat. They've beaten an OSU team that can't score, a Syracuse team that is 3-5 in their last 8, and now a 10 seed. I'm not trying to take anything away from them, but it turned out to be a favorable draw that allowed for two upsets and the defeat of an equally matched team. Florida will probably kill them.
Couldn't agree more. Florida or UCLA would destroy Dayton. Watching these 2 teams play each other it's clear they're on another level than Dayton

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there that both George Mason and VCU had favorable draws up until the elite 8. I know Mason played Wichita State who I think was a 10 seed and VCU played FSU who was either a 7 or 10 in the sweet 16.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also last years Wichita State team only had 1 tough game before their elite 8 game and that 1 tough game was against an overrated Gonzaga team but even Wichita State had a game against a 13 seed in their sweet 16 game and they ended up like 2 minutes away from beating the eventual national champions

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They really got steve kerr calling arizona/sdsu and reggie miller calling ucla/florida?

Cmon

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Just throwing this out there that both George Mason and VCU had favorable draws up until the elite 8. I know Mason played Wichita State who I think was a 10 seed and VCU played FSU who was either a 7 or 10 in the sweet 16.

MapleLeaf said:
Also last years Wichita State team only had 1 tough game before their elite 8 game and that 1 tough game was against an overrated Gonzaga team but even Wichita State had a game against a 13 seed in their sweet 16 game and they ended up like 2 minutes away from beating the eventual national champions
That has nothing to do with Dayton, their team, and who they've beaten though.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Shabazz Napier is really trying to pull a Kemba haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%