Ochocinco

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
CINCINNATI -- Oh-oh, Ocho. The Cincinnati Bengals' top receiver has yet another name.

The NFL had agreed to let the player formerly known as Chad Johnson wear his new name on the back of his jersey this season. There's one catch for the receiver: It's not exactly how he wanted it.

Instead of Ocho Cinco, he'll be "Ochocinco" because that's how he wrote it when he submitted his name-change form last August in Florida.

"It's his legal name," AFC information manager Corry Rush said Thursday.

The receiver said last year that he wanted his name to be "Ocho Cinco." Neither he nor his agent returned phone messages Thursday to discuss the name being one word instead of two. Shirts and other gear are selling on his Web site under the "Ocho Cinco" name.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Good. Don't let him get his way. He's an idiot.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was hoping he'd be traded to a team where #85 is either retired or the player who has it won't give it up for the World.

He is a moron & for as much talking as he does, he's way over-rated.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well he's still getting his way sheed, its not going to say Johnson, Ochocinco is his name, as ridiculous as it may be he's smart

He knows his jersey sales will rocket and this will get him nothing but attention... and your falling into the trap lol

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend $75 on a guys jersey just b/c he "brilliantly" changed his last name to reflect his number in another language. Check that, changed his name to 8 & 5 in another language, not even 85.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend $75 on a guys jersey just b/c he "brilliantly" changed his last name to reflect his number in another language. Check that, changed his name to 8 & 5 in another language, not even 85.
Actually he changed his name to eightfive in another language.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if people really wanted a jersey that says Cinco Ocho, couldn't they just customize it themselves

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AE, maybe you wouldnt but many would and will. And It costs more to have a customized jersey then a just buying a regular one.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its just funny b/c the NFL finally agrees to recognize his name change, only after selling off enough of his C. Johnson jerseys leftover, but its such old news that I don't think anybody really cares.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think its a smart marketing strategy, I dont wear jersey's anymore but if I did I would get one, so I could see how others would feel the same way.

But with that said I also want a Brian "B-Scab" Scalabrine jersey so....

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think its a smart marketing strategy, I dont wear jersey's anymore but if I did I would get one, so I could see how others would feel the same way.

But with that said I also want a Brian "B-Scab" Scalabrine jersey so....
Yes, Ocho Cinco is quite the novelty but my point is that was last season & the novelty has long worn off. Not only that but "Ochocinco" is just lame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%