nymets3000 Grunge Background Tutorial

slpnsld23

Love Me or Hate Me
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Credit: NYmets3000

1. File-New 400X100 Pxls or whatever size you want, with a white background.

2. Filter-Render-Clouds. Then press New Layer. Make sure your colors are the default colors(Hit D).

3. Take out a nice sized grunge brush. You can find brushes at www.deviantart.com Now the tricky part comes in. With your brush, click once on the sig, dont drag it across.

4. Hit X to change the color from black to white. With that same brush, brush once with it and don't drag it.

5. Keep rotating(pressing X) black and white and brushing until you get something you like. When you are done, press New Layer.

6. Switch to a different brush, and do the same thing. This time, change the blending options to anything that looks good. I changed it to Overlay. You can find the blending options on the layer palette.

7. Repeat step 6 several times, except changing the blending options to something different(soft light, hard light, screen, etc.)

8. Now its time to color it. For optimized results, change the Hue/Stauration(Ctrl+U) for each indiviual layer. Press colorize, and move the sliders to whatever color you want. This is going to be for my sig in the Sig Tourney, so I would like it to match my player, so the color scheme will be red, yellow, and black.

9. Every background will vary, so try out different things, including filters and opacity levels. You can also add a color balance, but hue/saturation should be enough. If you have any questions, feel free to post here, Pm, or Aim me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%