NL Central Discussion

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man idk why but I really like the Royals this year. I think they are going to surprise a lot of people this year. I love their lineup so much youth and so much potential.
man the royals and austin jackson play in the al :p

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Damn i put it in the wrong thread lol

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score

--- The Milwaukee Brewers began Friday night’s game without left fielder Ryan Braun and ended it without third baseman Aramis Ramirez.
Braun was scratched just before the game because of neck spasms, while Ramirez had to leave the game after injuring his left knee while sliding into second base.

"I've had a sore neck from sleeping, but not like this—not spasms to the point where I can't move my neck," Braun told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "It's uncomfortable."

While Braun appears to be more of a day-to-day concern, Ramirez could be headed for the disabled list after aggravating the same knee that sidelined him for part of spring training. He will have an MRI exam Saturday.

"This time there's more soreness than the last time, but I don't want to get ahead of myself because I don't really know," Ramirez told the newspaper. "The last time it took me two weeks. Hopefully, this time it won't take me as long. It probably happened because I hurt it before in spring training. It wasn't 100 percent yet. But I was able to play with the soreness. Hopefully, it's not as bad."

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score

By Jeff Todd [March 14, 2014 at 9:02pm CST]

Brewers GM Doug Melvin and principal owner Mark Attanasio will meet this weekend to discuss the possibility of engaging young shortstop Jean Segura in extension negotiations, reports Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. So far, no discussions with Segura and agent Joe Kleine have taken place.

The 24-year-old Segura has looked like a potential extension candidate ever since posting a big season in his first full year with Milwaukee. As MLBTR's Charlie Wilmoth opined back in September, Segura might figure to land a five-year deal (with an option) for a guarantee in the low-$20MM range.

Of course, since that time, fellow 1+ service-year shortstop Andrelton Simmons inked a seven-year, $58MM deal. Though Segura lacks Simmons' unbelievable defensive prowess (and resulting high floor), that deal will surely stand in the forefront in negotiations. A poor second half dampened what had been an incredible breakout year for Segura, but he still ended up with an impressive .294/.329/.423 line in 623 plate appearances, posting 12 home runs and 44 stolen bases to go with solid defensive ratings.

It was reported back in February that the Brewers had made Segura an offer during an earlier run at extension talks, which obviously was turned down. No doubt the club will need to open the wallet further than it had originally hoped even to get a conversation started.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
There's more than one Austin Jackson? 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Roger Bernadina & Trevor Bell have made the Reds opening day roster. 

https://twitter.com/LouisvilleBats/status/450026071346663424

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%