NFL Owners Opt Out of Labor Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3404596

Too long to quote so just posted a link. Surprised no one posted this before. Basically, this deal ran from 2006-2013 but them opting out means no deal from 2011-2013, so, 2010 would be a year with no cap at all (so rich teams like the Cowboys could spend all they want like the Yankees), and 2011 a lockout year. Hopefully, a new deal will be made before that and this time, with some guidelines to make rookie contracts smaller.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh..I don't think its very important yet. In 2010 and on it will be, but not yet.

And I don't really care if the Cowboys spend a load of money like the Yankees, cause last time I checked, the Yankees haven't won the big one lately.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh..I don't think its very important yet. In 2010 and on it will be, but not yet.

And I don't really care if the Cowboys spend a load of money like the Yankees, cause last time I checked, the Yankees haven't won the big one lately.
LMAO, if that was directed to AFF that was really funny lol.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah it wasn't. Just directed to how the Yankees haven't won the championship lately.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol I figured you said it cause he is a Yankees fan lmao.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ha. Na, there are too many Yankee fans for me to single 1 of them out.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh, I take my laughter back then :(

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh. I think its still funny though, cause the Yankees spend all this money on the top players, but they don't win.

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We haven't spent big money on a free agent since A-Rod when we got him from Texas, we kept him with big money yes, but we've been developing young guys like Joba, Hughes, Kennedy, Cabrera, Cano, Gonzalez, etc, I could go on and on and break down how many contracts come off the books next year and our farm system, but I won't since this is the NFL something that seems to be forgotten.

Anyways, DJT, this is very important. 2010 is 2 years away, that's nothing. Plus, if this doesn't get resolved, 2010 being an uncapped year means owners have to waist their own money which would mean teams like the Marlins and Rays, plus, a lot of lost revenue. Also, if 2011 is a lockout year a lot of teams would be on sale because of there being NO revenue to keep the teams together.

Also, I read on PFT that a lot of potential free agents under the bargaining agreement before it was opted out now can't be free agents the year after next because of the rule moving from having 5 years of service to 6, so this is a HUGE deal.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anyways, DJT, this is very important. 2010 is 2 years away, that's nothing. Plus, if this doesn't get resolved, 2010 being an uncapped year means owners have to waist their own money which would mean teams like the Marlins and Rays, plus, a lot of lost revenue. Also, if 2011 is a lockout year a lot of teams would be on sale because of there being NO revenue to keep the teams together.

Also, I read on PFT that a lot of potential free agents under the bargaining agreement before it was opted out now can't be free agents the year after next because of the rule moving from having 5 years of service to 6, so this is a HUGE deal.
Eh...they have 2 years to fix it. Not crazily important right now.

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh...they have 2 years to fix it. Not crazily important right now.
Why do you keep saying that? 2 years might seem like a long time for us but 2 years is nothing really. The season is about to start, no way they can come up with anything then. The only time they have is the next offseason really. This whole season your going to hear a lot of players/agents telling the NFLPA to achieve and agreement, a lot of them don't want to lose out on their free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%