New Skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiler35

Reaction score
I'm taking the time to make a new skin, and I need everyone's opinion on this.

What color scheme should I use?
What players should the banner feature? (One for each sport, so like, NBA, NHL, NFL, and maybe MLB)
Other thoughts:

Code:
[b]What color scheme should I use?[/b]
[b]What players should the banner feature?[/b] (One for each sport, so like, NBA, NHL, NFL, and maybe MLB)
[b]Other thoughts:[/b]

sarge

Livin' Young, Wild and Free
Reaction score
I ,would go with red and black with maybe some orange and yellow highlights(i probably spelled that wrong)
For the players, we should set up a vote and everyone sends you or posts in a thread who their top 10 players of each sport are and whoever gets the most votes wins

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
What color scheme should I use?Gold/Navy Blue/White

What players should the banner feature? (One for each sport, so like, NBA, NHL, NFL, and maybe MLB)
- MLB: Walter Johnson
- NBA: Wilt 'The Stilt' Chamberlain
- NFL: Walter Payton
- NHL: Mario Lemieux

Other thoughts: I've always wanted to see a sports forum have a skin in which the banner gave tribute to players of the past. Players that set the ground to their respective sports and altered sports history in good ways. Players that were phenomenal, but not necessarily "the best" ones of the sport, like the Jordans and the Ruths.

This site is so much about style and trying to be mature and classy -- what better way to symbolize that?
The players I posted are just suggestions. If people like my idea, I'd like to see players chosen that match the color scheme we choose.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
What color scheme should I use? Red and Black
NHL: Phil Kessel
NFL: Peyton Manning
MLB: Roy Halladay
NBA: Dwight Howard
Other thoughts: IDK

lol @ anyone who took this seriously.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What color scheme should I use?Gold/Navy Blue/White

- MLB: Walter Johnson
- NBA: Wilt 'The Stilt' Chamberlain
- NFL: Walter Payton
- NHL: Mario Lemieux

Other thoughts: I've always wanted to see a sports forum have a skin in which the banner gave tribute to players of the past. Players that set the ground to their respective sports and altered sports history in good ways. Players that were phenomenal, but not necessarily "the best" ones of the sport, like the Jordans and the Ruths.

This site is so much about style and trying to be mature and classy -- what better way to symbolize that?
The players I posted are just suggestions. If people like my idea, I'd like to see players chosen that match the color scheme we choose.
This

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
What color scheme should I use? Red and Black
NHL: Phil Kessel
NFL: Peyton Manning
MLB: Roy Halladay
NBA: Dwight Howard
Other thoughts: IDK
Hey! I can be like you too!

MLB: Derek Jeter
NFL: Darrelle Revis
NBA: Dwyane Wade
NHL: Who cares?

Hurr durr

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

It definitely fits with the retro logos

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like gmf's idea but I vote Orr over Lemieux...

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
What color scheme should I use? Red/Black/Gray
NHL: Crosby
NFL: Vick
MLB: Cant name any tbh...lol
NBA: Rondo or Kobe or Lebron
Other thoughts: Can I take a shot at a skin also? You guys wont have to use it if you dont want to...

or if we do a Throwback Skin
What color scheme should I use? Red/Black/Gray
NHL: Cant name any tbh
NFL: Jerry Rice
MLB: Hank Aaron..lol
NBA: U already kno..MJ
Other thoughts: Might as well call this one the all black skin....get it? LOL :D

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Can it be that there are multiple skins, and each user picks whichever they want of the avaliable choices. I believe both BSX and SCW do that, and prob other sites too.

Cuz i think it'd be cool for each user to have like "their city" as the theme.

ie: Johan Santana, Amare Stoudemire, Mario Manningham, John Tavarez for NY.

we could then have SI users vote on who should be the players per city. (im thinking big named ones like LA, Boston, NY, Miami, Toronto, etc)

howboutthis?

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Can it be that there are multiple skins, and each user picks whichever they want of the avaliable choices. I believe both BSX and SCW do that, and prob other sites too.

we could then have SI users vote on who should be the players per city. (im thinking big named ones like LA, Boston, NY, Miami, Toronto, etc)

howboutthis?
thats a lotta cities
Toronto, LA, Chicago, ATL, Miami, NYC, Boston, Philly, New Orleans, Washington D.C.

Why not just North, South, East, and West?

North would be NY, Philly, and Boston area
South would be ATL, Miami, and New Orleans area
East would be Washington D.C, Baltimore, Virginia area
West would be LA, San Francisco, Seattle area

Reaction score
What color scheme should I use? I don't know
What players should the banner feature? Gretzky, Rice, Jordan, Unitas, and Derek Jeter.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score

howboutthis?
Cool concept, horrible choices for NY.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What NFL player would you take for LA? A Chargers one?

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
thats a lotta cities
Toronto, LA, Chicago, ATL, Miami, NYC, Boston, Philly, New Orleans, Washington D.C.

Why not just North, South, East, and West?

North would be NY, Philly, and Boston area
South would be ATL, Miami, and New Orleans area
East would be Washington D.C, Baltimore, Virginia area
West would be LA, San Francisco, Seattle area
I like that, and then a Canadian one too.

So North, South, East, West, Canadian

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
ima make a damn Purple/Yellow/Lime Green one
with Mike Vick, Brandon Jennings, and Manny Ramirez.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Yeah cause the whole centre of the universe revolves around the Jets and Yankees. Anyways he was just giving examples.
Mario Manningham and a Johan Santana who's arm is gonna fall of any day now? There are plenty of Giants or Jets that should get the nod before Manningham. There are Mets and Yankees that should get the nod over Santana as well. I can't comment on the hockey dude because I know nothing about it but STAT is the only choice for NY basketball, everybody else blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%