Nets will pursue Dwight for Deron

Status
Not open for further replies.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Via ESPN:

New Jersey Nets point guard Deron Williams has chosen to sign with Jeff Schwartz as his new agent, according to sources with knowledge of the decision.

Williams recently parted ways with longtime agent Bob McLaren, who primarily works with Major League Baseball clients.

The decision to sign with Schwartz’s Excel Sports Management means that the top three free agents in the summer of 2012 will all be represented by different agents. Orlando’s Dwight Howard is represented by Dan Fegan, New Orleans’ Chris Paul signed with Leon Rose last summer and now Williams is aligning with Schwartz, whose client roster includes top veterans Paul Pierce, Jason Kidd, Tyson Chandler and Lamar Odom, as well as young stars Blake Griffin and Kevin Love.

Williams has made no firm promises about staying in New Jersey but has said he likes the direction of the franchise under new owner Mikhail Prokhorov. The 27-year-old has likewise expressed optimism about the team’s scheduled move to Brooklyn starting with the 2012-13 season and his potential role in luring other top players to the Nets.

The Nets, sources said, intend to make a hard push for Howard in an attempt to convince Williams to commit long term.

Do the Nets have a serious chance at Dwight?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I don't think the Nets have the package to acquire Dwight via trade. And with that said, I think that Dwight would opt for somewhere else in free agency.

VC15

Reaction score
I don't think the Nets have the package to acquire Dwight via trade. And with that said, I think that Dwight would opt for somewhere else in free agency.
Orlando is not going to get LeBron'd by letting him reach free agency. Even if the Orlando FO is actually that stupid (they may be), where exactly would he sign?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Idk, but I think Orlando has been pretty adament about him not going anywhere. And like I said, NJ doesn't have the package to get him if he was being traded.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That and there wouldn't be any guarantee either one of these players would resign with their new teams...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol. dealing deron for dwight doesnt team those two together. doubt they look into that deal anyways.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Lol it means they want to get Dwight to please Deron.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i really hate talking about player movement in the middle of a lockout
just too foggy

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i really hate talking about player movement in the middle of a lockout
just too foggy
I'm never really sure what to talk about at all during a lockout smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%