Ndamukong Suh Under 'Microscope', Fined Again

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Ndamukong Suh Under 'Microscope', Fined Again

Ndamukong Suh has been fined $31,500 for a hit on Brandon Weeden last Sunday.
On a video on NFLEvolution.com, one of the league's official websites, vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said he wanted to look into a hit by Suh on Weeden where he lowered his head into Weeden while making a hit.
Suh has now been fined seven times in his career.
"There's always going to be a microscope on me," Suh said. "I think there's been a microscope on me since I was first drafted in 2010 because I was a first-round pick. But I think there is always going to be a microscope on me no matter where it is, from outside media, from the NFL to little kids to anybody.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Ugh, nitpicking at him now. I mean at this point they really are picking at every little thing he does even if it's not serious. 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
That might be the case, but everyone else who repeatedly starts fires repeatedly gets caught. It's as simple as cleaning up his act, which he, quite frankly, hasn't done. That hit on John Sullivan week 1 was one of the dirtier hits I've seen in recent years.

Chop/cut blocks are dirty. Hell, even when they're legal they're dirty. They should be removed from the game entirely, at all levels.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Thats true, he didn't really help his case with that bonehead move. 

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
He earned the rep, now he has to deal with it. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i get all the bad he did but now the fines ate getting to be too much.

illadelph

Reaction score
Seems a harsh one to me.

I'm sure Browns fans would love to pay 31k to be able to smash Weeden better than that. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Weeden is a pretty big dude, and he's a ginger so a temper does exist. He'd kick my ass. Old man strength

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't wait until he gets suspended for something like this.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NFL Vice President of Operations Merton Hanks, the man who fines players for on-field misconduct, says he wanted to do something this week to make Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh take notice.

Hanks admits that Suh’s hit on Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden on Sunday was “not an egregious play,” but Hanks fined Suh $31,500 because he thinks it’s time that Suh pays attention to the league’s efforts to make the game safer.

“The fine is more than the minimum because he is a repeat offender and I wanted to get Ndamukong Suh’s attention in this regard. I’ve got to help him course correct,” Hanks told Andrea Kremer of NFL Network.

Hanks, who was a Pro Bowl cornerback for the 49ers in the 1990s, believes that Suh should have been flagged for roughing the passer on the play in question. But the referee had a clear view of the play and didn’t throw his flag. Maybe in addition to getting Suh’s attention, the league office needs to get the referees’ attention to clear up what does and does not constitute roughing the passer.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How much has Suh paid in fines so far in his career?

Lake Louise

Reaction score
From what I've seen, it looks that he has been better about things. I know he said he'll never change the way he plays. I mean more in the aspect of not committing those boneheaded personal fouls anymore. Being named team captain was a good move, and it feels he's embraced that role. Maybe he hasn't changed but I've just felt like he has. It is nice though how when he doesn't get flagged for anything during the game, and I know refs cant always see every penalty, yet here comes a fine for something he did wrong. It gives me that feeling that they'll look at a tape after another game down the road, which will be something marginal, yet he gets suspended and we don't have him in the next game. How awesome that would be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%