NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueNation

Reaction score
Oh and if you didn't see the suspensions are as follows...
Tu Holloway - 1 game
Mark Lyons - 2 games
Dez Wells - 4 games
Landen Amos(walk on) - 4 games

All of a sudden the Oral Roberts game just got a whole lot more interesting. We lost our top 3 guards. Now were down to a freshmen who gets a little playing time and our white guy who can shoot threes but sees the court a good deal. We'll probably have to dip into our walk-ons.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Sam Thompson didn't just earn himself playing time, Thad Matta has lost it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, he hasn't even played a minute in this game, and Matta is again, completely lost without 1 of his key players. This is what happens when you play no one on your bench early in the year.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
OSU just can't handle Sully being out.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DeShaun Thomas stepping up his game this year... Career high 30 in the win.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BYU playing Baylor...might be a bad game to watch.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow, BYU looking real good. Davies playing real well.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Team has no depth..And honestly outside of our starting 5 we aren't good. Luckily recruiting has picked back up for us.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Glad we started Big Ten play off right in the opener. Have Minnesota today and I like what I've seen from this team. Evan Smotrycz has been on it lately and hope he keeps that up.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Didn't even know OSU played yesterday, apparently they lost. Bummer

BlueNation

Reaction score
Glad we started Big Ten play off right in the opener. Have Minnesota today and I like what I've seen from this team. Evan Smotrycz has been on it lately and hope he keeps that up.
Most of Michigan forgot to show up on the offensive side of the ball. Luckily Trey Burke went off with 27 (I'm pretty sure it was 27). Minnesota played well too, gotta give credit to them they made a late game push. I love going to Michigan basketball games, it's a nice change of pace from the student section.

Side note, Xavier has fallen off the face of the planet. It pisses me off because we were playing the best ball of the year before the brawl. If they can hold out until Duquesne when they're back in front of students and a loud Cintas it'll help.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Yeah, it was nice to have Burke put the team on his back when they needed him. Had basically nobody do anything. Hardaway went 2-14 and I give the props to Minnesota. They played a competitive game and stuck in there until the end. It's nice to get a win in a game where we didn't play our best and starting 2-0 in the Big Ten makes me feel good. Now we have Indiana and Wisconsin next. Those two will be tough games and i'd be happy going 1-1.

BlueNation

Reaction score
Hardaway was off his game and in frustration forced a lot of shots. It's worth noting that he hit the crucial shot to go up three with under a minute left.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Got a big win to start off conference play. Threehan stepped up huge when T-Rob got in foul trouble. I really liked what I saw from Trav and EJ as well.

BlueNation

Reaction score
I can't copy and paste the e-mail I received because I may get in more trouble, but you have to hear this bull shit.

Xavier students, such as myself, who attended the basketball game against Cincinnati have to attend MANDATORY reflection periods. Our actions in the student section apparently encouraged the hostile atmosphere by chanting expletives and throwing objects onto the arena floor (that was like 2 students). We aren't allowed to get any more student tickets if we don't attend one of these sessions. I'm not the dean of students biggest fan right now, to say the least.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
That's bs. I mean, I get they are upset about it and all, and have to act about it in some way but that should go with the "Be responsible for your own actions" ordeal. Not like it's the first time opposing fans have yelled things to the players, even thrown things. Happens a lot, to a point.

On another note, good all around win for Michigan yesterday against Wisconsin. I missed the first half but from what I saw, they played a good game. Wisconsin is falling fast too though. They were doing well and have sucked in conference play, so far. Although that Michigan State game could have gone either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%