NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPDaBeast23

Reaction score
Screw Kentucky, OSU for #1
It won't be long. Kentucky is way to inexperienced to win all their regular season games...They have the talent to go really far in the tournament but they'll lose in the reg. season imo..too many young guys. They have a shitload of talent though and once they progress through the season they'll be deadly come tourney time. OSU is the more polished and well rounded team. Sully is a post threat, Buford is the outside guy, and Kraft is the ball handler and distributor. The other guys fill in their roles.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Unless OSU improves on their perimeter scoring, they're going to drop a game soon, as well.. LaQuinton joining the team in December should help, but I'm not so sure Matta will even put him in the rotation.

JPDaBeast23

Reaction score
Unless OSU improves on their perimeter scoring, they're going to drop a game soon, as well.. LaQuinton joining the team in December should help, but I'm not so sure Matta will even put him in the rotation.
It'll come. Buford shot pretty well Friday imo. I really have no BG knowledge on Lazelle but I don't think he's a big 3 point guy like Kraft or Thomas. Scott would definitely have to step up!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lenzelle isn't a good 3 point shooter, Craft isn't any good at shooting, Thomas is average/streaky and Scott's game isn't shooting either. He can step back and hit a shot but his game is penetrating. He's the fastest player on the team.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Oakland beat Tennessee. I'm always rooting for the Michigan schools, and in the past couple years they've made themselves not a power house, by any means, but a team that you can't overlook.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
do any of you know who brad redford is? He went to a high school by me while I was in high school. Dude was insane from beyond the arc during high school.

BlueNation

Reaction score
Oakland beat Tennessee. I'm always rooting for the Michigan schools, and in the past couple years they've made themselves not a power house, by any means, but a team that you can't overlook.
Oakland is an extremely underrated team. They always get big wins because people overlook them.

Ohio State is looking unbelievable. I thought Duke would take this for sure the way they have been playing lately. I think Ohio State is the number one team in the land.

BlueNation

Reaction score
do any of you know who brad redford is? He went to a high school by me while I was in high school. Dude was insane from beyond the arc during high school.
Does anyone know who Brad Redford is? PLEASE!
http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/redford_brad00.html
Brad is beloved around here. He still is a menace from beyond the arc. Every time he comes in he gets one of the biggest if not the biggest applauses for any player.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ahh alright I don't follow college basketball very much so didn't know. But thats cool.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Domination from start to finish.. Matta still needs to start using the bench more.. There is no reason that Amir Williams, Sam Thompson and Shannon Scott can't get some burn in a game.. LaQuinton Ross needs to play when he's eligible as well..

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They just aren't as good as OSU. OSU/UK are the 2 best teams right now..Nothing to be ashamed about. I'm really starting to sour on HB as a prospect. While on the other hand..I don't see any player in college that can stay in front of Austin Rivers.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Barnes just can't take over a game. Duke sucked last night, but Rivers had probably his best game at Duke. Looked like a pro. He's a better fit for the NBA then he is College as well.

Does anyone run a more boring and predictable offense than Wisconsin?

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Nice to have the Challenge wrapped up with 3 games to go. Glad it isn't going to come down to the Wisconsin/UNC game. 3rd straight win for the Big Ten. Great to see.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Barnes just can't take over a game. Duke sucked last night, but Rivers had probably his best game at Duke. Looked like a pro. He's a better fit for the NBA then he is College as well.

Does anyone run a more boring and predictable offense than Wisconsin?
I was literally just about to say that Wisconsin can make any game boring...Roy is pissed off but Wisconsin never picks up the pace and its hard to run on them.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They pretty much hold the ball for the entirety of the shot clock and then throw up a 3. Terrible.

JPDaBeast23

Reaction score
They just aren't as good as OSU. OSU/UK are the 2 best teams right now..Nothing to be ashamed about. I'm really starting to sour on HB as a prospect. While on the other hand..I don't see any player in college that can stay in front of Austin Rivers.
I thought HB looked pretty nice in the 2nd half last night....

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently Sullinger hurt his back, and he'll be out a few games, maybe even multiple weeks.. ugh. At least Matta will have to play more then 7 guys now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%