NBA Teams With The Best Offseasons

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Im going to ignore you calling Rubio a rising star for the moment and stay with this whole them being one of the most improved teams. Martin is a good scorer, but definitely not a go to scorer, unless you plan on losing a lot. His career best percentages are going to take a huge hit because he won't be on Kevin Durants team. Not sure how re-signing a RFA who had no intentions of leaving and wasnt going to get signed for that kind of money anywhere else classifies them as having one of the best offseasons.

So basically, they signed a bench spark who plays no defense (Martin) and a bench spark who plays no offense (Brewer). They added two role players with no upside.

Sorry to be negative but I'm missing the part where that's major improvement.

The Clippers re-signed the best PG in the NBA, shouldn't they automatically have the best off-season if we're actually counting that towards teams off-seasons?

Rubio came around at the back end of last season. You're acting like recovering from an ACL injury should result in an immediate return to the skill level he showcased as a rookie.

Brewer's much better offensively than he was at the beginning of his career, and Kevin Martin is still a twenty point guy with major minutes. They're perfectly good starters, and certainly better than Ridnour and fucking Chase Budinger at the 2 and 3. Ridnour's gone, now, but that's who started at the 2 a lot last year.

Kevin Martin spent one year with Kevin Durant, so I have no idea why his career percentages would drop so much. Do you even know who he is?

Pekovic terrorizes other centers on the glass and usually posts a double double, just like Love. 

You're equating making a major signing to having a good offseason. The Wolves weren't bad last year--they weren't even remotely healthy. Injuries abound, their season derailed before it could even begin. They were an already good team (when healthy) who solidified a few spots that needed solidifying. 

If they stay healthy, the results will make my case. They're deep, too. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Rubio came around at the back end of last season. You're acting like recovering from an ACL injury should result in an immediate return to the skill level he showcased as a rookie.

Brewer's much better offensively than he was at the beginning of his career, and Kevin Martin is still a twenty point guy with major minutes. They're perfectly good starters, and certainly better than Ridnour and fucking Chase Budinger at the 2 and 3. Ridnour's gone, now, but that's who started at the 2 a lot last year.

Kevin Martin spent one year with Kevin Durant, so I have no idea why his career percentages would drop so much. Do you even know who he is?

Pekovic terrorizes other centers on the glass and usually posts a double double, just like Love. 

You're equating making a major signing to having a good offseason. The Wolves weren't bad last year--they weren't even remotely healthy. Injuries abound, their season derailed before it could even begin. They were an already good team (when healthy) who solidified a few spots that needed solidifying. 

If they stay healthy, the results will make my case. They're deep, too. 
It has nothing to do with his recovery, it's the fact that Rubio is already a finished product, and I've said that from the beginning in his rookie year. He will always be a flashy, fantastic passer who can't shoot, and can't finish around the rim.

I said career best percentages, not career percentages. Although I was wrong on that part, he has done better, a long time ago in terms of FG%, but he shot a career high in 3PT% last year, which mainly has to do with defenses really not caring about his existastance on a squad with two superstars.

If Kevin Martin is playing major minutes and getting 20 ppg on your team, you're not equiped to be a threat.

Seriously, what does Pekovic re-signing, like everyone expected, have anything to do with them making improvements and having a top 4 off-season?

They added two role players, good for them, it will help, but it does not equate to having one of the 4 best off-seasons in the NBA, unless you're a Wolves fan, or a guy who disowned his favorite team for trading away Kyle Lowry, and became a Timberwolves fan temporarily.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rubio averaged 13 ppg on just 37% shooting at the end of the year. I personally feel he is overhyped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%