NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Somebody pin this. Oops forgot to put season in the title...hopefully someone can change that.

Season starts Tuesday....i'm excited.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i havent been paying attention since "the decision"
season has snuck up on me. cant wait as well now that im here :)

my team to watch: Minnesota. Keep an eye out for my man Wayne Ellington. Reminds me so much of Allan Houston it's scary.

and im not alone. i just googled "wayne ellington allan houston" and i found himself saying he's H20, and some predraft comparisons. nice

he impressed me last year.

my first random post of the season. hopefully more to come :)

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was going to wait til the season actually started to make this thread...

It's all good though. I added "season" for you lol

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't even know how to approach this season for the Mavs. I mean what is there for me to believe that this season will be any different than 10 years. It's tiring and depressing. But I have to stay loyal and believe. I still do believe we are probably the deepest team in the NBA. But we've had that before. I just hope there's one more special run. I mean if anyone deserves a title it's Dirk. His entire career has been judged by 1 missed free throw in the final seconds of an NBA finals game.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, Dirk is very deserving. But so was Malone, Stockton, Hornicek....etc. The Mavs are missing some pieces, but I don't what they are yet. I mean they have depth, they have some real promising young players, they have 2 good bigs in Haywood and Chandler, Dirk is Dirk. Kidd is Kidd. Butler has been looking good, and Marion is still good.

VC15

Reaction score
"The Rock" is going to be electric on Sunday.

Atlas

Banned
Reaction score
My biggest question heading into the season: How long before the Heat underachieve, Spoelstra is canned, and Pat Riley goes back to the bench?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
gotta admit. great spot by Nike

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, Dirk is very deserving. But so was Malone, Stockton, Hornicek....etc. The Mavs are missing some pieces, but I don't what they are yet. I mean they have depth, they have some real promising young players, they have 2 good bigs in Haywood and Chandler, Dirk is Dirk. Kidd is Kidd. Butler has been looking good, and Marion is still good.
i disagree

Marion sucks
Chandler sucks and is always injured
Haywood became overrated last year.
Butler is also overrated.
Kidd is getting old (EDIT: IS old. he'll be solid, but they need more than just solid imo)

I like Beaubois and Dirk still has game, but meh. Maple's right. nothing to get excited about.
Not hating though. I do think they'll be 2nd or 3rd in the West.
San Antonio has 1 last run, maybe not at a title, but they should be 2/3 too.

OKC is overrated

i was thinking, it's too bad for Western Conference fans that the Lakers are just miles and miles ahead of the rest. the west would be wide open. aw well tough luck :cool:

Atlas

Banned
Reaction score
gotta admit. great spot by Nike
Love it. Leave it to Nike to totally poke fun at the rest of the World's reaction to the "taking my talents to South Beach" fiasco.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some please inform me how the Pistons can get ranked 30 on ESPN lol.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you payed attention to basketball over the summer, you know that Chandler made the USA team, and proved to be a key piece in their system. Butler has been tearing it up in preseason, sure its preseason, but that means he's ready for the season. Kidd is getting older, true, but he still is one of the top PGs in the league in playmaking and running the offense.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont care what chandler did for team usa

look, he's an ok rebounder. not really a great defender. idk what else to say

as for Butler. he's good. im not knocking him. still overrated. always has been

Kidd. I said he'd be solid. was last year will be this year unless age truly shows finally. it might

i dont know what we're talking about. if the lakers are healthy, nothing any team in the west does matters

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think plenty of teams can stop the Lakers, key word being can. Jazz, Blazers, Mavs, possibly the Spurs and the Thunder. All of them can beat the Lakers in a series of 7 I think. But we'll see what happens.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some please inform me how the Pistons can get ranked 30 on ESPN lol.
sorry rip
the pistons look lost.
i dont know what to make of your roster. just puzzling

i like Minnesota, i think they'll improve so they wont be last

who else sucks?
i guess Indiana could be below Detroit. but i think they're better. I like Hibbert a lot

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers are the best team in the West. But they aren't on another level.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think plenty of teams can stop the Lakers, key word being can. Jazz, Blazers, Mavs, possibly the Spurs and the Thunder. All of them can beat the Lakers in a series of 7 I think. But we'll see what happens.
lol ok

Jazz? cmon man
Blazers can give them a run, but they're missing that "umpf" that extra something
mavs meh
spurs are too small
okc is too small and still not ready yet

step back and look at the Lakers.
they're pretty freaking stacked. gotta give them some major credit. a team has to be damn good to beat them in the west. i say not team has a shot if they're relatively healthy

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers are the best team in the West. But they aren't on another level.
i really think they are.

Bynum will be back soon. hate him all you want, he's a very good player
Pau
Artest lost weight and is quicker, should be better from 3 this year, has the tri down
Kobe
Fish still hits the big shots

and the bench is excellent
Shannon is going to be pretty decent this year
Steve Blake is a God send.
Matt Barnes is going to get so many open corner 3's. you know he can knock those down
and Lamar Odom. most underrated rebounder in the league. he puts this team over the top

and then you got Theo Ratliff to come in and play some D, block some shots. Odom will get the boards
Derrick Caracter. I'm telling you, DeJaun Blair-lite
Devin Ebanks has the Lakers staff and players in love. dude plays some pretty great D.

I didnt even mention Sasha or Walton

and did you notice one thing about this team?
no softies all business. no f'ing around anymore
they're stacked

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Pistons hoped to be active on the trade market this summer, but nothing materialized.

As the season begins, team president Joe Dumars intends to keep his phone lines open for potential deals.

"I'm comfortable with the roster right now, but I wouldn't say I'm content," Dumars told the Detroit News.

"I think we're ready to go out and compete right now, but if we can add some help along the way, I'd feel even better. So we're still in the mode of being able to add help, especially in the frontcourt with some size."
Dumars is smoking that good good.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haywood, Chandler, Dirk, Marion, Butler, Beaubois, JET, Kidd, Barea. That's one deep ass team.

Also look out for Dominique JOnes. the rookie we traded to get in the 1st round this year. He's a tough 2-guard who loves to drive and is a good defender. Him and Beaubois are the backcourt of the Mavs future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%