NBA Playoffs 2011 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even with this shitty officiating, if Cp3 had been playing like the dominant dude we've been seeing past couple of games, Hornets would still be in this game, point blank. That's how bad this year's Lakers team is. If David West weren't injured Hornets would def' take this series. I just don't see this squad as a championship squad. Might make it past Dallas/Portland, but no chance against OKC at all. Lakers are done after this season.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Okafor with 12 defensive rebounds in 149 minutes in the series.

l o l .

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Luckily he shouldn't be around next season, from what I've heard.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
finally
so done with this series. just give me Dallas

i see some ref whining in here
look i'll be honest. i barely watched the second half (the Voice on NBC!!! lmao)
but every time the lakers win someone complains about reffing. nola im not really directing this towards you btw

maybe the lakers are the 2 seed and better team though?

in terms of fouls though, it wasnt even that bad
hornets committed 5 more fouls
lakers shot 9 more FT's.
not really that crazy. home team usually gets more calls

lakers were more aggressive than they have been all series tonight

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I swear the Hawks always lose in the playoffs when I don't watch the games =[

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
finally

look i'll be honest. i barely watched the second half (the Voice on NBC!!! lmao)
but every time the lakers win someone complains about reffing. nola im not really directing this towards you btw

lakers shot 9 more FT's.

I missed the part where the series was over? STFU

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BTW: The hornets would be nasty as fuck if they kept AR Smith and Tyson...
Should have kept Tyson, but JR Smith wouldn't add anything to that team. He's as hot and cold as any player in the league, not to mention he's a distraction.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
finally

lakers shot 9 more FT's.

Go ahead and direct it towards me. I'm not the only one that see's it, we have people on this forum that see it, people on other forums that see it, my friends see it. Heck, they even tried to get CP to comment on it during the presser last night on TNT. To which both times he responded "both teams played hard," then they repeatedly showed clips from Sheed Wallace during another Lakers series with botched calls. EVERYONE see's it, EVERYBODY expected it. It's just sad when the opponent has to make a call into the league and provide footage that proves it. Yet it falls on deaf ears. I'll be honest, I'd LOVE to be in your position and have the refs favoring me and not calling things that should be called. Hell, there was a Lakers fan that came on the Hornets board and admitted to getting calls.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol Mexi you're horrible. No different than most of the Lakers fans you claim to hate. If you didn't see what was wrong with the officiating I don't know what to tell ya.

Even with the bad officiating obviously going LA's way, had CP3 played at a high level and a few differences here and there in the Hornets game plan they could still have easily won the game. The Lakers are done and you know it. Even I see that. Not doing any stupid "reverse jinx" shit either. This Lakers squad is done.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Somebody made an excellent point this morning. They said "If the NFL was run like the NBA, the Saints wouldn't have won the Super Bowl." That is one of the most truest things I've ever heard.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not saying this towards you Nolan, but man a lot of basketball fans complain a lot compared to other sports haha.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.google.com/search?q=twitter+chris+paul+both+teams+played+hard&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#q=twitter+chris+paul+both+teams+played+hard&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=6qJ&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&tbas=0&tbm=mbl&prmd=ivnso&source=lnms&ei=mbi3TeTOEsWftgetkoneBA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=9&ved=0CCIQ_AUoCA&prmdo=1&fp=1&cad=b
LOL

Not saying this towards you Nolan, but man a lot of basketball fans complain a lot compared to other sports haha.
It's because the officiating in the NBA is completely one sided. I knew this series wasn't going to be officiated fairly, I could have told you before the season even began whoever meets the Lakers in the playoffs won't be happy with how they're officiated.

Hornets need size. okafor looks like a 12 year old in the paint
I like Mek, but he's not a WC center. I've heard we're going to move him this summer.

In my best Bart Scott tone, can't wait!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol Mexi you're horrible. No different than most of the Lakers fans you claim to hate. If you didn't see what was wrong with the officiating I don't know what to tell ya.

Even with the bad officiating obviously going LA's way, had CP3 played at a high level and a few differences here and there in the Hornets game plan they could still have easily won the game. The Lakers are done and you know it. Even I see that. Not doing any stupid "reverse jinx" shit either. This Lakers squad is done.
lol it's funny
when im not online, im a laker hater. you guys bring out my fanhood

anyways, honestly i agree. lakers are done. kobe's toast. unless they make some big moves, this is the last year of real contention for them
i dont think they get passed OKC and if Memphis somehow can get to the WCF, boy can they make things interesting. quick PG, 3 great Kobe defenders, and BIGS

but in terms of this series, i'm going to disagree. Hornets have play near perfect with CP doing things no one has done before in the playoffs for the game to be close. Lakers have hardly played well and you know it. Im not saying they're dogging it, because they're not, but just look at every other playoff team. they all are playing their ass off. even the Knicks. lakers have been spotty

and reffing. i really dont like to blame the refs, even when they're bad towards the lakers. yes i can see how so many think the lakers get all the calls and get frustrated, they do get some calls. but i just think it's unfair to say the lakers only win because of the refs or the lakers get every call. they dont

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hell, if Memphis can get to the WCF, i'll be rooting for them
I would love for laker fans to suffer. i really hate them
i really hate being portrayed by you guys as a laker homer

i love the lakers, but i dont think im a crazy homer, though i;m not saying you guys are wrong for calling me one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%