Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With the East locked up, here's my East predictions:

Bulls over Pacers in 4.
Magic over Hawks in 4.
Heat over 76ers in 6.
Celtics over Knicks in 5.

Magic over Bulls in 7. (Battle to determine the true MVP)
Celtics over Heat in 6.

Magic over Celtics in 7. (Celtics can't guard Dwight anymore)

Yeah I'm biased too Kept. Lol.
Bulls over Pacers in 5.
Magic over Hawks in 7.
Heat over 76ers in 6.
Celtics over Knicks in 6.

Bulls over Magic in 7.
Celtics over Heat in 6.

Bulls over Celtics in 7.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Pacers are winning that series, it's because of Granger, not Hibbert
lol are you kidding me? IF they are gonna win which is a huge IF, Hibbert, Granger, George, Collison, Hansbrough, Rush, Dunleavy, everybody will have to step up BIG time...not just Granger.

DJT... Please tell me how the 2 seed plays the 3 seed in the ECF?

Also, Indiana has no chance... Let's be real, instead of picking some shit team, because they have some bum player that you might like for no apparent reason.

Bulls/Lakers Finals

20 Year Rematch, Same Result

No 3-Peat this time Phil
lol I just copied what somebody else posted...just picked different teams.

And why the heck can't I pick an upset???? Sorry, I didn't know we weren't allowed to pick upsets in the freaking playoffs. <_<

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
before the season i predicted Heat over Lakers :eek:
I may or may not feel the same way today :eek:

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wasn't that what everyone was picking?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
only the heat can beat the lakers
and OKC if they have homecourt, but i think the lakers will win tonight and tomorrow to lock up the 2 seed.

im really afraid of the heat. homecourt and lebron and wade? damn.

hopefully Chicago makes it out the east

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT - You understand the Bulls have blown out the Pacers 3 times this year and their only loss came in an OT game where Tyler Hansbrough played the game of his life? Please... Indiana has no chance in this series. You can make upset picks, just have it be reasonable. Being the guy that picks the team 23.0 games back of the Bulls isn't a smart pick, it just looks stupid.

Upsets happen in sports, yes. But they generally happen when a team is sleeping. The Bulls aren't going to be sleeping after being called out by Granger and losing the last matchup. The idiot lit a fire under the team and I expect nothing less than a 4 game sweep. I'd honestly be surprised if we see a game 5. Stupid move by Granger.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I doubt what Granger said will light a fire under Chicago. It's not like he said they really aren't that good or guaranteed a victory. He was giving his own opinion, and one that many agree with.

altius

Reaction score
I'd like to think Miami could beat Orlando in a 7 game series, they have no perimeter defenders to stop LeBron or Wade, at least Miami has a bunch of big bodies that all suck to just keep fouling Dwight, they can't do anything to stop Bron or Wade
For more info about NBA Playoffs 2011, Qualified Teams, Dates, Schedule, Finals and many more visit only altiusdirectory.com
http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Sports/nba-playoffs.php

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT - You understand the Bulls have blown out the Pacers 3 times this year and their only loss came in an OT game where Tyler Hansbrough played the game of his life? Please... Indiana has no chance in this series. You can make upset picks, just have it be reasonable. Being the guy that picks the team 23.0 games back of the Bulls isn't a smart pick, it just looks stupid.

Upsets happen in sports, yes. But they generally happen when a team is sleeping. The Bulls aren't going to be sleeping after being called out by Granger and losing the last matchup. The idiot lit a fire under the team and I expect nothing less than a 4 game sweep. I'd honestly be surprised if we see a game 5. Stupid move by Granger.
upsets simply dont happen in the NBA
once in a blue moon you get my man Captain Jack and his crew beating a Mavs squad, but the best team pretty much always wins
and you pretty much summed it up. even for an upset to occur, you need things to go your way. i admit, the pacers have the personnel to matchup pretty well vs the Bulls, but im with you. sweep

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can honestly see the Bulls lose though. The Pacers have been playing hot lately. The Bulls will most likely walk in with their heads held high, expecting a nice breezy game, let alone series.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls did sweep them in 4, but I think the Pacers will win at least 1 or 2.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol
"pacers have been hot lately"
6-4 their last 10. 4 games above 500 since the new coach

bulls have won 8 straight, 9 of 10, and are 20-4 since the all-star break

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, the Bulls have been hot to. Rose has really picked them up.

They beat the Celtics, Hawks (not that big of a deal I know), they beat the Knicks twice, nearly 3 times. They beat Chicago by 7...I guess what I meant by hot, is they have beaten some good teams.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
upsets simply dont happen in the NBA
once in a blue moon you get my man Captain Jack and his crew beating a Mavs squad, but the best team pretty much always wins
and you pretty much summed it up. even for an upset to occur, you need things to go your way. i admit, the pacers have the personnel to matchup pretty well vs the Bulls, but im with you. sweep
That's why the NBA sucks. There is no parity. I was discussing the way ESPN twisted words on the Chris Paul story on another forum last night and one guy says "good, I'm tired of seeing him waste his talent on a team that can't contend." I said to him, "that's the problem with the NBA, only a few teams can compete, all the stars can't go to 1/4 of the league."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, David Stern is content with forming these "super teams," he somehow thinks it's good for the league. So why not just contract 3/4 of the league and make it a 6-8 team league? I know that's going overboard a little, but with the NBA's business concept it's about all you can do.

Lets be honest here, how many teams going into the playoffs can actually win the championship? Three teams? Maybe four? Three if Bynum is out for a long period of time. I may be being generous with that, that sucks. It's not like the NFL where if you make the playoffs you have a shot.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, the Bulls have been hot to. Rose has really picked them up.

They beat the Celtics, Hawks (not that big of a deal I know), they beat the Knicks twice, nearly 3 times. They beat Chicago by 7...I guess what I meant by hot, is they have beaten some good teams.
Like I said... They beat Chicago by 7 in an overtime game where Tyler Hansbrough played the game of his life. That isn't happening again. The Bulls blew them out in the other three matchups. Indiana has no chance.

And you said you expect the Bulls to come in with their heads up high and take the series for granted... That isn't happening... Do you know anything about Derrick Rose and Coach Thibs? Get outta here... Add in the comments from Granger and there's no way the Bulls come in sleep walking.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Too kind of further argue my point, this shows how terrible the NBA and their business model is...41% of the NBA Finals series have been played by TWO teams...words can't even begin to describe how terrible that is. For comparisons sake, only 18% of the NFL's Super Bowl has been played by two teams. 41% vs 18%...that's telling.

Since 2000 (11 years), five teams (out of what, 30?) have won the NBA Championship. The NFL has had nine different teams win championships. Since 1990 only SEVEN teams have won the NBA title. The NFL has had thirteen different champions since 1990.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
other than the lakers/spurs/rockets, who all won multiple titles, the last western conference team to win an NBA title was the Sonics in 1979
:eek:

and the funny part is the next western team to win a title other than spurs/rockets/lakers is probably going to be the Thunder who technically can be considered the Sonics

:eek:

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Too kind of further argue my point, this shows how terrible the NBA and their business model is...41% of the NBA Finals series have been played by TWO teams...words can't even begin to describe how terrible that is. For comparisons sake, only 18% of the NFL's Super Bowl has been played by two teams. 41% vs 18%...that's telling.

Since 2000 (11 years), five teams (out of what, 30?) have won the NBA Championship. The NFL has had nine different teams win championships. Since 1990 only SEVEN teams have won the NBA title. The NFL has had thirteen different champions since 1990.
You have a good point but at the same time you have to understand that in the NBA they have playoffs SERIES. In the NFL it is do or die every game. It would make more sense to compare the NBA against the MLB or Hockey imo.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You have a good point but at the same time you have to understand that in the NBA they have playoffs SERIES. In the NFL it is do or die every game. It would make more sense to compare the NBA against the MLB or Hockey imo.
Well like I said earlier, you still know who the 3 or 4 teams will be to contend for the title this season. As for series, I think they should be 5 games.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Well like I said earlier, you still know who the 3 or 4 teams will be to contend for the title this season. As for series, I think they should be 5 games.
You could make the same case for baseball though. And I agree the 1st and 2nd rounds should be 5 games with 7 for the last two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%