NBA Logo Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
THN gave me the idea, I'll run with it here. Here are AE's rankings of NBA logo's from top to bottom.

Prolly catch a lot of sh*t for putting the Spurs at 1 but let's be honest...good color scheme, good use of the spurs in the team name, you could guess this was a team from Texas even if you didn't know anything about the NBA & their logo didn't read "San Antonio."
Will forever be linked to Jordan and Jordan is still basketball, period. Intimidating bull, intimidating color scheme.
A classic, says "Celtic" to a "T". Smart-ass Irish guy never gets old for me, also love the shamrock decor on his outfit, & couldn't be an Irish-based team name without the color green.
Without sounding gay...I love the flaming basketball, love the red-yellow gradient on the flames, awesome font.
Not crazy about the color scheme but huge props for the creativity. Combining the bee's wings with the famous fluer de lis of New Orleans is pure genius. A huge upgrade over the "Hugo" of old.
Team is called "Magic" and this logo screams magic more than any other team's logo does for them . Great use of star for the letter "A", tailing basketball is a home run for me.
Good font, good colors, love the image of the horse. Might be a little overdone...but classy if you ask me.
Not the most creative but it's simple and it works. Not sure why so many teams feature a hoop with no net...very ironic for this logo too, given the team's name. Love the 3D aspect of it and always loved the font choice.
Love the wolf, love the colors, love the images of trees in the background. Recently touched up a bit and all for the better. Shear bad-ass and intimidating.
Classic, simple, clean, God love red, white, and blue. Might not be ranked as high on some of your boards, but those that appreciate tradition will keep this in the top half.
Never was crazy about the team name but from a logo standpoint, the bear is pretty good artwork. Love the colors and love the depth used in the bears' face.
Would be better without the basketball behind it but the sword going through the letters keeps this one high on the list. Very "now", very stylish, and great font.
Good colors, good font, good usage of mountains in the background. Would like to see something incorporated that has something to do with "jazz" though.
Hate the name of this team but love the bobcat design.
Pale colors aren't working for me but I guess you can only do so much for a logo when your team is called the "Nuggets." Definitely better than any other look in Denver's history.
Not crazy about this logo but props for making it over without doing away with the same look this team has had for a long, long time.
Very simple, perhaps too simple. After that monstrosity Houston used during the "Stevie Franchise" Era, they really toned it down.
Not fancy...the most creative thing is the basketball with the trail of toilet water behind it.
Too much going on here for me but still...less basketball and more creativity in this one.
This team changes it's primary logo so many times that I don't even know if this the one they are even using anymore.
Not sure why so many teams prefer to have a basketball incorporated into their logo...but I have a feeling it's what happens when your mascot is just too tough depict. Could you imagine half the NFL logos including a football as a background? The pistons tried more back in the 90's and it didn't work. Upgrade to their classic look but still way too plain.
The Lakers are synonymous with winning, their uniforms look great, but their logo is just way too "plain Jane" for me. Looks like something created by somebody who is new to Photoshop. I'd prefer more than just "Lakers" with the wind look in front of a basketball.
Similar to the "Flying P" of the Philly Flyers...way too lame.
This logo used to mean something, it's consistent, but let's face it...it's just the team name surrounding a basketball.
Raptor dribbling a basketball was "cute" in the beginning but I prefer not to think of the word "cute" when picturing a Dinosaur.
Love the font but the deer head belongs mounted on the wall of a cabin, not on an NBA uniform. Red & green also doesn't work for me outside of the month of December.
Put it this way...would be #1 if this was a WNBA Logo contest.
Props for the team name but what the hell is with the Rocketeer holding the lightning bolt? Adding red to a blue & yellow color scheme also wasn't the best of choices.
Recently upgraded to officially display city and team name...but for a long time I have been wondering what the hell is with the red & white lines? With a team name like "Blazers", the opportunity is there to invent a flawless logo throughout the years. Their jersey's are just as hideous.
NR
Maybe sometime before the regular season we will get to lay down the criticism on something here.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Blazers jerseys hideous? Are you kidding? Top 5 in the NBA easily.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hawks changed their primary lol

And Blazers aren't that good Greg lol

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Blazers jerseys hideous? Are you kidding? Top 5 in the NBA easily.
This is not top 5 Greg. 3 horizontal lines running across your shirt is far from "stylish".

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Those are secksy, Idk what you are talking about. And their white ones own!

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Warriors 2nd to last? You have got to be kidding me.

And what are you tlaking about "adding blue and yellow?"

FYI the blue and yellow jerseys you see are retro jerseys we wear from 1966-1967.

Warriors are top 15 for sure. Not being biased. If I was being biased I'd say #1 or top 5.

Its not a rocketeer, its God holding a thunderbolt (like Zeus).

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Warriors 2nd to last? You have got to be kidding me.

And what are you tlaking about "adding blue and yellow?"

FYI the blue and yellow jerseys you see are retro jerseys we wear from 1966-1967.

Warriors are top 15 for sure. Not being biased. If I was being biased I'd say #1 or top 5.

Its not a rocketeer, its God holding a thunderbolt (like Zeus).
I said adding red to blue and yellow was not the best choice. And out of every sports team calling themselves the "Warriors"...this is by far the worst depiction of a "Warrior" I have ever seen.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
How are the Clippers #10 and Lakers #22? They're like the same logo, lmao. :lol:

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pistons logo isn't the best, you did a good job on these. I agree woth most of what you said.

gingerbreadmann

Reaction score
Dude. 2 of those logos are defunct now. :p

And Blazers, last? Memphis, the 500th baby blue/dark blue/yellow team, 11th? Please. Blazers, last? MAGIC, 6TH?!?! YOU ON CRACK? lol

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

And Blazers, last? Memphis, the 500th baby blue/dark blue/yellow team, 11th? Please. Blazers, last? MAGIC, 6TH?!?! YOU ON CRACK? lol
Heroin.

If you must know.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mavs logo ftw!

It used to be god awful ugly till this one. I thought it was the best but I'm biased :p

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Heroin ftw, but this is bull. :]

bobcats and jazz at 13 and 14? clippers in top 10?

laughable.

warriors is top 15 at worst.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
And I meant to say its a Warrior holding a thunderbolt.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Which 2? Many keep pointing at the Hawks logo but if believe it or not, that is still the Hawks' primary logo. That "bird head" logo is their secondary. Check out their website if you'd like.

I'm thinking Phoenix?

gingerbreadmann

Reaction score
BTW The Raptors no longer use purple in their primary. All that purple is red now. Other things: I hate the Bobcats with a passion. The Hawks got a complete revamp last year. And I think that Bull really needs an update.

gingerbreadmann

Reaction score
Which 2? Many keep pointing at the Hawks logo but if believe it or not, that is still the Hawks' primary logo. That "bird head" logo is their secondary. Check out their website if you'd like.

I'm thinking Phoenix?
No, the Hawks no longer use black or yellow. Now it's blue, and more stylized.

Like I said, the Raps don't use purple anymore

And to be fair, the Hornets got an update this year, tweaking their primary to this, not the fleur-de-bee(which is secondary)

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BTW The Raptors no longer use purple in their primary. All that purple is red now. Other things: I hate the Bobcats with a passion. The Hawks got a complete revamp last year. And I think that Bull really needs an update.
Being unsure about some of these logos...being changed and what not...I referenced the NBA's website before I put this together.

http://www.nba.com/teams/

gingerbreadmann

Reaction score
And I didn't even notice this the first time, but you missed the Nuggets adding navy blue to their logo. At least you used the right new T-Wolves logo ^_^

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And I didn't even notice this the first time, but you missed the Nuggets adding navy blue to their logo. At least you used the right new T-Wolves logo ^_^
I think the Nuggets' secondary far outdoes their primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%