NBA Lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
We all know they aren't going to sign a new CBA in time.. so now what.. I'm deff not looking forward to a shortened season.. what ya think is going to happen?

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel the whole next season wont happen. The NBA will do what the NHL did and just shutdown the league till the players cave in imo. Sad though.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
I'll cry, real shit.. I would hate to have no season or a shortened season, but whats the big deal? what they tryna change..?

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Owners want Franchise Tag, Want to eliminate sign and trades, salary rollbacks and amnesty, Hard cap of 45 million i think, and elimination of guaranteed contracts.

The hard cap of 45 million is going to be what causes a long lockout between players and the owners.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Welcome back Mario.

But I think the NBA will manage to avoid a lockout. Hopefully learning from the NFL's lockout situation.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
But I think the NBA will manage to avoid a lockout. Hopefully learning from the NFL's lockout situation.
That would be nice. There's obviously a lot of money at stake for both sides so I think they'll be able to figure something out. I'm pretty optimistic about the NFL lockout too.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For sure.
I'll be quite sadden if the NBA goes through a lockout lol.
I was an avid NHL fan before the lockout, now I'm a casual fan.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
For sure.
I'll be quite sadden if the NBA goes through a lockout lol.
I was an avid NHL fan before the lockout, now I'm a casual fan.
Yeah I was the same with the NHL, part of that though was because I quit playing the year the lockout happened so I started losing interest. I don't see that happening with me and the NBA if there's a lockout, I know more about the NBA than any other sport so yeah. I'll be pissed if there is a lockout that's for sure.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The NBA will have a lockout, and it'll be worse than the NFL's.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
If the NFL and NBA both lockout. ima kill myself

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I was the same with the NHL, part of that though was because I quit playing the year the lockout happened so I started losing interest. I don't see that happening with me and the NBA if there's a lockout, I know more about the NBA than any other sport so yeah. I'll be pissed if there is a lockout that's for sure.
Yeah, I was like 10 at the time, so it's a bit different now. Plus the NBA is my favorite sport, and I follow it religiously lol. But I'll still be very angry too lol.

The NBA will have a lockout, and it'll be worse than the NFL's.
I do think that is a very real possibility :/
NBA players are much more divas lol.

If the NFL and NBA both lockout. ima kill myself
Me too lol.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Unfortunately Rip, I don't think the NBA has the leadership the NFL has. The NBA is a dictatorship, what Stern says goes. Stern doesn't give a shit about us fans, the players, the coaches. All he cares about is that he gets what he wants, and he'll lockout the players for the entire season if he has too. Stern is the worst commissioner in all sports. Like you said, NBA players are divas, so I don't see them budging like some people think the NFL players will.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Unfortunately Rip, I don't think the NBA has the leadership the NFL has. The NBA is a dictatorship, what Stern says goes. Stern doesn't give a shit about us fans, the players, the coaches. All he cares about is that he gets what he wants, and he'll lockout the players for the entire season if he has too. Stern is the worst commissioner in all sports. Like you said, NBA players are divas, so I don't see them budging like some people think the NFL players will.
That's for sure. I can't wait till Stern is gone, dude fucks everything up.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean I don't like him, but I think he runs the league fine lol.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like Stern more than Selig. I fuckin hate Bud Selig lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
stern is ok.

but the $45 Million is fucking retarded. no more sign & trades is retarded. the roll backs of the contract is retarded. those three right there will give us a lockout. i hope its short though, but nba players are divas and i believe it will last a while =/

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wish the NFL and NBA just extended what they had lol.
It might of been flawed, but was anyone complaining that much? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%