NBA Debate Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Topic: Best All Around Player, ( Defense, Offense, Rebounding, Efficiency )

Captains Yet, to send out anyone.

Current Score

Rippards and Company 1, The Goats Milk 0.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He is 6-8 and 250 pounds. He is a top two player in the league, and depending on who you talk to, he is the best player in the league. LeBron James is in my opinion, the best overall player. After 5 and a half seasons of NBA play, he has built perhaps the best overall play in the league. 27.5 points, and 6.7 assists shows how strong he is on the offensive end. If you examine this year alone, with 28.5 points per (2nd in league) , and 7.2 assists per (10th in league), those are statistics which are only possible by the elite in the league. Yes LeBron is only 28th this season in rebounding, but when you examine those above his mark of 7.4 per game, none of them have the same scoring power, or passing skill to match LeBron’s overall game.

Defensively, LeBron has stepped up his game over the years as his size has improved. Totalling 1.8 steals and 1.2 blocks per game, couple with his ability to simply change shots, or prevent penetration shows how talented defensively he is. You also have to remember that he is quite often guarding the oppositions best player.

Examining efficiency, LeBron’s turnover numbers have hovered around 3.4 per game over his career, this year bringing it down to just 3.1. Considering how much he handles the ball, an assist to turnover ratio of 2.32, especially for a small forward, shows his skill. LeBron has also managed to increase his shooting percentage this year, making 49.2% of his shots, also increasing his free throw percentage to 77.2%. If we also use a purely aesthetic statistic, Lebron is leading ESPN’s “PER” statistic at 32.01. ESPN created this statistic to show output based off of minutes played.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whisper is on deck.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh shiit I'm neeext. Just letting yall know that I'm here and that I will respond to this by tomorrow hopefully, been busy with mid-terms, family ish, etc. BUT I AM HERE. :p

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So should we just drop these two teams and just start something new where its every man for them self, have simple one on one contests, have aleaderboard etc.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So should we just drop these two teams and just start something new where its every man for them self, have simple one on one contests, have aleaderboard etc.
Yes, I agree.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know who wants to run it (I might depending on time available), but we should maybe get something like a Western and Eastern Conference. Each debater for themself. Simple one on one debates, the top debaters make the playoffs etc etc

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
I don't know who wants to run it (I might depending on time available), but we should maybe get something like a Western and Eastern Conference. Each debater for themself. Simple one on one debates, the top debaters make the playoffs etc etc
Yeah, that would be cool.

This one would have been nice if everyone was active though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%