Mystery PED Suspension within 24 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Without steroids, baseball wouldn't be where it is now.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yea. you should all know where i stand, i dont really support steroid due to kids wanting to use them, but they did/do help the excitement of the game.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and with the suspension, means it wasn't his first offense, either

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yea. you should all know where i stand, i dont really support steroid due to kids wanting to use them, but they did/do help the excitement of the game.
nah, It's sad to see your favourite players end up to be fakes. It really ruins the game.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Damn I cant believe Volquez did that. Funny thing is that he used to play for the Rangers and they are known for having tons of PED players.

retry_1

Reaction score
and with the suspension, means it wasn't his first offense, either
According to Major League Baseball drug policy, a player receives a 50-game suspension for a first positive performance-enhancing drug test, a 100-game suspension for a second positive test and a lifetime ban for a third positive test.
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100420&content_id=9437824&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

That article includes pieces from volquie's official statement. says he and his wife are trying to get pregnant, he got an approved scrip while in the US, went home to the Dominican, and got a different one that wasn't approved. in all the interviews i've seen with him he seems like a genuine young man, and i hope that that's the truth. The suspension is nothing more than a fine really though, he's recovering from tommy john surgery and won't be back till after the all star break regardless.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100420&content_id=9437824&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

That article includes pieces from volquie's official statement. says he and his wife are trying to get pregnant, he got an approved scrip while in the US, went home to the Dominican, and got a different one that wasn't approved. in all the interviews i've seen with him he seems like a genuine young man, and i hope that that's the truth. The suspension is nothing more than a fine really though, he's recovering from tommy john surgery and won't be back till after the all star break regardless.
Thanx for the update on the Volquez situation. For some reason I actually believe him. Idk maybe Im just being naive, but he was already going to be out for an extended period of time so it didnt really matter if he got the suspension or not.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
yea at this point I believe him -- i mean, after all the guys that have been caught and their legacies diminished over taking PEDs, you'd have to be a freakin r-tard to take Steroids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%