My Idea

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
So i'm watching the Pro Bowl because I have football withdraws and am bored. And I got to thinking, why not have, instead of or in addition to the pro bowl, a Free Agency bowl. Where any player who is supposed to be a Free Agent, plays and show's what kinda skills and ability they have. Obliviously this would then be open to plays like Tebow, but would also be open to players like Maurice Jones-Drew and Michael Vick to show that they still have some years left in them and some skill. It'd basically be like a senior bowl, but for seasoned veterans or players who went undrafted. Idk, just spit balling. Any thoughts? 

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Bengals1fan said:
So i'm watching the Pro Bowl because I have football withdraws and am bored. And I got to thinking, why not have, instead of or in addition to the pro bowl, a Free Agency bowl. Where any player who is supposed to be a Free Agent, plays and show's what kinda skills and ability they have. Obliviously this would then be open to plays like Tebow, but would also be open to players like Maurice Jones-Drew and Michael Vick to show that they still have some years left in them and some skill. It'd basically be like a senior bowl, but for seasoned veterans or players who went undrafted. Idk, just spit balling. Any thoughts? 
I was actually saying the same thing to a friend of mine. I think it'd be real beneficial for them

dcpwner

Reaction score
possibly because guys like vick and mld would rather get paid on the fact that they were good and not the fact that theyre still good. i can't imagine that opting out of something like this would be a good sign and players that don't have anything left in the tank would get boned out of deals. I would like to see something with younger talent like this though like UDFAs or players on practice squads trying to make teams

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking. And it'd be a good way for teams to have another look before the draft. Maybe even making the FA Bowl after the Superbowl in like March or April. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
risk of injury whole you're a free agent would be too great to want to do this.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
That isn't a bad idea, but with what Pugz said, I could see more along the lines of skills competitions between them.

Thomas-Panda-Saxby

Reaction score
Maybe like a combination of things like nba all star weekend

All star
Freeagency bowl
Skills comp
Long toss
Rookie bowl

And whatever else lul

TTN2810

Reaction score
Even the Pro Bowl needs to bring back the Skills Competition. When they ditched that the whole thing went down hill. Loved the QB challenges, strongest man, and fastest man were always really fun to watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%