My Challenge to SI's Memebers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL, okay, here's my challenge to SI's members.

After logging in from a hard day of school, I was kinda looking forward to talking about sports. Maybe, perhaps about Steve Nash's messed up nose, or the game tonight, or something.

Instead, I get something along the lines of 5 posts in a sports thread since yesterday. :shock:
(okay, maybe I'm exagerrarting, but you get the picture)

But come on guys- I challenge every active member to have at the very least 3 coherent, relevant posts in a sports thread per day.
It's not going to kill you. It's not going to injure you. It won't give you a stroke.

Hey, it might just strike up conversation and be fun and add something to the site. Serious. [sarcasm]

But, for the love of god, it's getting kinda ridiculous.

Come on, now.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
I challenge you to spell 'members' correctly. LOL, just kidding.

Seriously though, I do agree with you, and the only reason I don't post as much as I probably should in the sports forums is because you're not guaranteed that someone will reply to you with a smart post that is well thought out.

Hopefully this picks up and we get some intelligent discussion but I wouldn't hold my breath.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm in on this, I want this place to be active again!

nelsogotskillz

Reaction score
When I'm on, I always try to add something to sports discussion.

But I'm not on everyday...

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
Almost a week later and nothing has changed. Nice surprise.

ATL08

Still hate Kendrick Perkins
Reaction score
Tell you what-

Raise it to 5 posts a day

And I'll advertise for you.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tell you what-

Raise it to 5 posts a day

And I'll advertise for you.
If I raise it tio five, people's fingers will start falling off, and then they will proceed to have brain epilepsy. :[

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
Intelligent chat is occuring in the NFL forum, the rest? Not quite.

Funny thing is, the other sports are still in season. Should mean more to discuss, but obviously not.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The NBA forum has had it's fair share of activity recently. Sure, maybe it's about Kirk Hinrich getting "t-bagged", but it's still talk.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
What a day of posting it has been by our members today.

Today we found out that PistolPete had homework to do, but we also found that over the past few weeks TFP has been on a secret world record bid for the most 'hey' posts in the CT.

We've also found great posts like:

brb going to the bathroom
Great post, eh? Yep, arguably the best post of the day outside of the usual people who actually attempt to generate some discussion.

I'd love to know how many people have actually looked at the threads like the Brett Favre one, where myself and Laker are actually having a good discussion about his future and such. Not many I'd suspect.

Of course, everyone boycotts great discussion for such threads like 'Jerome James/Jason Collins' and Flip Murray teabagging Kirk Hinrich, which generated such posts as:

yeah same here
Great post, if only people could maybe stop themselves from posting stuff like this when it adds nothing to a discussion.

I guess he hit the numbnut.... LOL get it?
Uhh yeah, threads that aren't serious deserve casual posts. I agree.

Is Hinrich okay? I always thought he was kind of cute, and I am not watching the game
He's gay, so I guess we'll let him off with this post. Again though, it adds nothing to the discussion except Kirk Hinrich's facial features. Nice post.

Talking about Hinrich his mom is a looker.
Nice post, if only the topic had anything to do with Hinrich's mother. Doh, don't get ideas about making up a sex scandal involving Hinrich's mother getting teabagged by Skiles. Don't.

Nice input, again - was it necessary? Could you have elaborated?

If you look at the 19 second mark you can see Kirk Hinrich punch Flip in the nuts lol.
No comment.

The sad part about all of this? It all comes from ONE thread.

Could we assume that most topics with more than 2 pages are filled with meaningless posts like this one? Probably, and we'd be right in most cases.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What a day of posting it has been by our members today.

Today we found out that PistolPete had homework to do, but we also found that over the past few weeks TFP has been on a secret world record bid for the most 'hey' posts in the CT.

We've also found great posts like:
Great post, eh? Yep, arguably the best post of the day outside of the usual people who actually attempt to generate some discussion.

I'd love to know how many people have actually looked at the threads like the Brett Favre one, where myself and Laker are actually having a good discussion about his future and such. Not many I'd suspect.

Of course, everyone boycotts great discussion for such threads like 'Jerome James/Jason Collins' and Flip Murray teabagging Kirk Hinrich, which generated such posts as:
Great post, if only people could maybe stop themselves from posting stuff like this when it adds nothing to a discussion.
Uhh yeah, threads that aren't serious deserve casual posts. I agree.
He's gay, so I guess we'll let him off with this post. Again though, it adds nothing to the discussion except Kirk Hinrich's facial features. Nice post.
Nice post, if only the topic had anything to do with Hinrich's mother. Doh, don't get ideas about making up a sex scandal involving Hinrich's mother getting teabagged by Skiles. Don't.
Nice input, again - was it necessary? Could you have elaborated?
No comment.
The sad part about all of this? It all comes from ONE thread.

Could we assume that most topics with more than 2 pages are filled with meaningless posts like this one? Probably, and we'd be right in most cases.
and that is why we love SI so much.

I understand that some of you are making the effort, but [i won't name any names] you gotta step it up. seriously.
"hey" doesn't cut it.
"damn" doesn't work.
"brb, going to the bathroom" is disgusting.

come on, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%