4. Brewers
5. Cubs

NL WEST
1. Dodgers
2. Giants
3. Padres
4. Diamondbacks
5. Rockies

WORLD SERIES MATCH-UP: Yankees vs Braves. Braves win.

AL MVP: Jose Bautista
NL MVP: Jason Heyward/Justin Upton, pick one

AL CY YOUNG: Jered Weaver
NL CY YOUNG: Clayton Kershaw

AL ROY: Wil Meyers
NL ROY: Travis D'Arnaud

AL MOY: Ned Yost
NL MOY: Don Mattingly

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Whoops, left it blank by accident, one second

EDIT: Made it Yankees/Braves. I didn't know how to put for the AL so went with the homer pick. I really think the top 5 teams in the MLB are all from the NL, the Nationals, Braves, Reds, Cardinals, and Dodgers are my top 5 teams

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AMERICAN LEAGUE

AL EAST
1. Rays
2. Jays
3. O's
4. Yanks
5. Red Sox

AL CENTRAL
1. Tigers
2. Royals
3. Indians
4. White Sox
5. Twins

AL WEST
1. Angels
2. A's
3. Rangers
4. Mariners
5. Stros

NATIONAL LEAGUE

NL EAST
1. Nats
2. Braves
3. Phils
4. Mets
5. Marlins

NL CENTRAL
1. Reds
2. Pirates
3. Cards
4. Brewers
5. Cubs

NL WEST
1. Dodgers
2. Giants
3. D-Backs
4. Padres
5. Rockies

WORLD SERIES MATCH-UP: Dodgers over Tigers

AL MVP: Trout
NL MVP: Kemp

AL CY YOUNG: Verlander
NL CY YOUNG: Kershaw

AL ROY: Myers
NL ROY: No Fucking Clue

AL MOY: Ned Yost
NL MOY: Clint Hurdle

Fuck it

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
AMERICAN LEAGUE

AL EAST
1. Rays
2. Yankees
3. Blue Jays
4. Orioles
5. Red Sox

AL CENTRAL
1. White Sox
2. Tigers
3. Royals
4. Indians
5. Twins

AL WEST
1. Angels
2. Rangers
3. Athletics
4. Mariners
5. Astros

NATIONAL LEAGUE

NL EAST
1. Braves
2. Nationals
3. Mets
4. Phillies
5. Marlins

NL CENTRAL
1. Reds
2. Cardinals
3. Pirates
4. Brewers
5. Cubbies

NL WEST
1. Giants
2. Dodgers
3. D-Backs
4. Rockies
5. Padres

WORLD SERIES MATCH-UP: Rays/Reds --- Reds in 6

AL MVP: Trout
NL MVP: Votto

AL CY YOUNG: Chris Sale
NL CY YOUNG: Kris Medlen

AL ROY: Wil Myers
NL ROY: Zack Wheeler

AL MOY: Robin Ventura
NL MOY: Dusty Baker

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Last place: Indians

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AMERICAN LEAGUE

AL EAST
1. Yankees
2. Orioles
3. Jays
4. Red Sox
5. Rays

** Tough division to call & no, I don't have a ton of faith in the Yankees anymore. But the Yanks do have the veteran pitching staff, I like Youk and that short-RF porch, and of course they always have the resources to add pieces around deadline. The Yanks will surely dig themselves a deeper old-man hole before this season it out. The O's were smart to not make any rash & expensive FA adds this offseason. They won with what they have & they will repeat last year's success. The Jays look great on paper but it's too much of a transition to expect them to win now. They essentially built a Yankee-like roster from top to bottom.....and then "settled" for a new manager. We have no idea how well all these guys are going to work together and I don't like Jose Reyes banging around on the artificial turf all season long.

AL CENTRAL
1. Tigers
2. Indians
3. White Sox
4. Royals
5. Twins

** I like the Tribe to give to division a run for it's money most of the season but in the end, Detroit will just be too much for any team to catch. Detroit comes into this season hungrier and with Torii Hunter in the lineup................that's that best team in the AL, hands down.

AL WEST
1. Angels
2. A's
3. Rangers
4. Mariners
5. Astros

** I like the Angels for obvious reasons but this can easily change if they do something stupid like leave Trout as the unprotected hitter in the lineup. The A's should be much of the same but their lack of offensive firepower always haunts them when the games really start to count. Cespedes was the real deal but he needs help; Oakland needs another power bat. Rangers are close and wouldn't shock me to end up taking the #2 spot, should A's struggle with scoring runs.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

NL EAST
1. Braves
2. Nationals
3. Mets
4. Phillies
5. Marlins

** This is another tough division to call but they're near my backyard so I'm going with Atlanta. As good as the Nats look, the Braves have an incredible outfield, a ton of athleticism, and clearly the best bullpen in all of baseball. Frank Wren is a shoe-in for the "GM of the Year". The Braves are usually pretty frugal and for the moves they made on that budget this offseason....dayum. Mets will play some good baseball as they turn page on new era, meanwhile, Phillies keep heading in the opposite directions. Greatest rotation alive didn't quite pan out eh.

NL CENTRAL
1. Reds
2. Cardinals
3. Brewers
4. Pirates
5. Cubs

** Yes, two years ago I fell out of favor with the Yankees and became attached to watching the Reds play baseball. Rooting for the Yankees became too much like rooting for Microsoft and it's too frustrating to watch prospects come up through the system...only to be traded away for a-hole veterans we're used to rooting against. In any event, the Reds were the NL favorite last season but were totally thrown off by the Cueto injury to start the NLDS.

NL WEST
1. Dodgers
2. Giants
3. Padres
4. Diamondbacks
5. Rockies

** The NL Yanke...err...the Dodgers did spend enough money to finally get over but I'm afraid it won't take them far enough. It's going to be hilarious to watch LA unfold about 2 seasons from now. Padres are a sleeper, young up & comers. No clue what the hell Kevin Towers is doing in Arizona but you cannot win with a roster entirely made up of Cody Ross-types.

WORLD SERIES MATCH-UP: Reds vs. Tigers

AL MVP: Mike Trout
NL MVP: Joey Votto

AL CY YOUNG: Justin Verlander
NL CY YOUNG: Clayton Kershaw

AL ROY: Trevor Bauer
NL ROY: Travis D'Arnaud

AL MOY: Terry Francona
NL MOY: Don Mattingly

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
We are mad underrated right now

I think we can still compete for 3rd

Ellsbury- has proven he can hit 30+ HR
Pedroia- always a great player
Ortiz- .318, 23 HR in 90 games last year
Napoli- 54 HR in the past two seasons
Salty- 25 HR last year
WMB- uprising star
Gomes- solid hitter, smashes lefties
Shane- speedy ass motherfucker who can play great D
Drew- stopgap for Xander... Plays good D

Bullpen looks good with Hanrahan, Bailey, Tazawa, Uehara, Breslow, Aceves, Bard?

Clay and Lester should put up good seasons
Doubrunt looked real good last year
Lackey looks a lot thinner than he ever was in Boston... hopefully he's motivated and does well as a #3.
Dempster? Eh, he'll be fine. 15-13 type guy

I'm not saying we will make the playoffs, but I think we can get 3rd

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We are mad underrated right now

I think we can still compete for 3rd

Ellsbury- has proven he can hit 30+ HR
Pedroia- always a great player
Ortiz- .318, 23 HR in 90 games last year
Napoli- 54 HR in the past two seasons
Salty- 25 HR last year
WMB- uprising star
Gomes- solid hitter, smashes lefties
Shane- speedy ass motherfucker who can play great D
Drew- stopgap for Xander... Plays good D

Bullpen looks good with Hanrahan, Bailey, Tazawa, Uehara, Breslow, Aceves, Bard?

Clay and Lester should put up good seasons
Doubrunt looked real good last year
Lackey looks a lot thinner than he ever was in Boston... hopefully he's motivated and does well as a #3.
Dempster? Eh, he'll be fine. 15-13 type guy

I'm not saying we will make the playoffs, but I think we can get 3rd
I would agree too many have already written off the Red Sox and it wouldn't surprise me to see them pull it all together and swing a wild card. My thing is though...too much player movement in one offseason for my liking and too many "if's" in their rotation. IF they're rotation rebounds and all things go right, they will be potentially devastating to the division. I do like Napoli and Gomes' bat at Fenway but defensively, this a sketchy team. Ellsbury's situation will become extremely interesting as the season rolls on and potentially distracting. If he's healthy, he'll produce, and if he produces, they'll look to trade him. But what if they're in contention? Do they make the deal or hold onto him for a run? The Red Sox have a lot of stellar OF's coming up in the system and there's no way in hell they would re-sign a 30-year old Ellsbury at season's end.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about the injuries with them, especially with Ellsbury and Bailey. IF those two are healthy I can see you guys surprising a lot of people, not necessarily by making the playoffs but certainly by making a run for that 2nd wild card spot.

But as AE said, it's too many Ifs. And I do like Napoli as well. The rotation still worries me. Luckily they've rid themselves of a lot of the dickheads from the clubhouse.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
We would love to sign Ells but he's a Boras client and we want to pay less money in FA and not go after A tier guys.

A lot of people have forgotten about Ryan Kalish, who was injured last year but was our #1 spec before the injury. He can fill in at RF if Ellsbury leaves, and we have Jackie Bradley and Brandon Jacobs rising quickly too. Brentz too, even if he did just shoot himself in the leg (ala Plaxico)

We definitely are an 'if' team, but when you go into the season with low expectations, an 'if' team isn't bad. This isn't the Sox of old, where an 87 win season is a huge disappointment. If we don't do well, it's expected. If we do well, lets go Sawx!

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Hitting 30 homeruns one year doesn't prove he cant hit 30+ HR consistently, it's more than likely that was a fluke and I'd be surprised if he hit half as many as he did that year ever again. He has 56 in his career.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I disagree with the half as many. I get the hyperbole (or not, I really don't know what you feel) but Ellsbury does have some pop. 15-20, maybe a couple more, is definitely not out of the question for him.

The season lives and dies by the rotation. Much like the last two years, if any of the pitchers showed up when it mattered, this team was in the playoffs.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
I don't think the Red Sox are that bad, but I just think the other teams are just much better. Jays look really good. Rays look good, Orioles didn't really downgrade anything from last year, and the Yankees are decent. As for my predictions:

1. Tampa Bay Rays
2. Toronto Blue Jays (W.C.)
3. Baltimore Orioles
4. New York Yankees
5. Boston Red Sox

-This division could pretty much go to any of these teams outside of probably the Boston Red Sox. I see the Rays on top, but they could very well finish 4th. Probably the hardest division to predict, and you can never count out the Rays.

AL Central:

1. Detroit Tigers
2. Kansas City Royals
3. Chicago White Sox
4. Cleveland Indians
5. Minnesota Twins

-Tigers have this division pretty easily. I think the biggest surprise will be the Kansas City Royals. This is finally the year where they end up winning 85 or so games. Shields will carry the rotation like he did in Tampa, the offense will be alright with their young offense taking another step, and I see their bullpen coming together. I was even tempted to put the Indians ahead of the White Sox, but I just can't do it as of right now.

AL West:

1. Los Angeles Angels
2. Oakland Athletics (2nd W.C.)
3. Texas Rangers
4. Seattle Mariners
5. Houston Astros

-I can also see this division going to any of the top 3 teams, although I didn't like the Rangers off-season, and I feel they needed to either re-sign Hamilton or go out and get Greinke. They lost Michael Young (not a huge loss), Mike Napoli, Josh Hamilton this off-season and pretty much just added Berkman (although they did sign Soria for later in the year) I see the Angels and A's finishing within a few games of each other, but the Hamilton signing will come up big for them.

NL East:

1. Washington Nationals
2. Atlanta Braves (W.C.)
3. Philadelphia Phillies
4. New York Mets
5. Miami Marlins

-This is pretty much the easiest division to pick imo. Nationals are clear favorites in the NL East. The bullpen is just absolutely filthy in Clippard-Storen-Soriano and a top 4 of Stras-Gio-Zimmerman-Haren is not too shabby either. Offensively with the addition of Spann on top to go along with Zimmerman-Werth-LaRoche they should be even better than they were last year on offense.

NL Central:

1. Cincinnati Reds
2. St. Louis Cardinals
3. Milwaukee Brewers
4. Chicago Cubs
5. Pittsburgh Pirates

-No major surprises in this division. I think Reds are better than the Cardinals, and I see St. Louis missing completely out of the playoffs with the Braves an Giants winning the 2nd W.C.

NL West:

1. Los Angeles Dodgers
2. San Francisco Giants (2nd W.C.)
3. San Diego Padres
4. Arizona Diamondbacks
5. Colorado Rockies

-Again, Dodgers/Giants are toss-ups but I see the Padres being a pretty good team last year. I really like their bullpen, although the rotation is still pretty iffy. I just see the Dodgers with the addition of Greinke barely beating out the Giants.

WS matchup: Tigers vs Nationals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%