MLB Player Rankings 2017: SP #3

Who is the 3rd Best Pitcher in MLB?

  • Corey Kluber

    Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Chris Sale

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Stephen Strasburg

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madison Bumgarner

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Luis Severino

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Keuchel

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlos Carrasco

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trevor Bauer

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noah Syndergaard

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gio Gonzalez

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jacob deGrom

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Justin Verlander

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zack Greinke

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yu Darvish

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcus Stroman

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
34,762
Reaction score
560
1. Clayton Kershaw
2. Max Scherzer
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
 

PWNdroia

Banned
Joined
Mar 26, 2016
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
33
Toss up between Sale and Verlander.  Sale has better overall numbers but is also less experienced.  Verlander has a sporadic career but has been sensational various times throughout his career.
 
While Kluber is good, his track record isn't as detailed for success, and last year happened to be his best.  Still has a higher career ERA than Sale.
 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Joined
Jan 16, 2006
Messages
59,433
Reaction score
1,980
PWNdroia said:
Toss up between Sale and Verlander.  Sale has better overall numbers but is also less experienced.  Verlander has a sporadic career but has been sensational various times throughout his career.
 
While Kluber is good, his track record isn't as detailed for success, and last year happened to be his best.  Still has a higher career ERA than Sale.
Why does career ERA matter? Over the past 3-4 years, Kluber has been better.
 

PWNdroia

Banned
Joined
Mar 26, 2016
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
33
CameronCrazy06 said:
Why does career ERA matter? Over the past 3-4 years, Kluber has been better.
I'd say only this year. He has been great prior, but not as great as this year.
 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
36,652
Reaction score
1,140
If baseball was just April-August, Id agree it should be Sale. But his career Sept+ numbers are just not that good comparatively, and thats why #3 is Kluber
 

brett05

Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
896
Reaction score
8
I voted Kluber.  I think he edges Sale in the Regular season.
 

PWNdroia

Banned
Joined
Mar 26, 2016
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
33
bosoxlover12 said:
If baseball was just April-August, Id agree it should be Sale. But his career Sept+ numbers are just not that good comparatively, and thats why #3 is Kluber
Honestly, I'm leaning more toward Verlander. He's just a guy you want in a winning situation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Who Wins Game 5?

  • Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

    Votes: 9 90.0%
Top