Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jones upset 'millions' won't get to see Cowboys-Packers on cable
Associated Press
November 23, 2007

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is still urging NFL fans to pull the plug on cable, especially those who want to see next week's NFC showdown of 10-1 teams on NFL Network.

Knowing millions of fans won't be able to watch Cowboys-Packers, Jerry Jones can't keep quiet.

The Cowboys and Green Bay Packers both won Thanksgiving Day, a week before they play for the outright NFC lead.

The NFL Network has been in a dispute with large cable providers who don't carry the network on a basic tier. The network is available in about 35 million of the nation's more than 111 million homes with televisions.

"I am frustrated that we've got literally several million fans that won't get to see that game because Time Warner won't be carrying it," Jones said in the locker room after the Cowboys' 34-3 victory over the New York Jets. "I'm hot about that. I hope those fans will go to AT&T satellite or go over to a competing cable company."

Time Warner is the primary cable provider in the Dallas area.

Jones is the outspoken chairman of the league's NFL Network committee. His comments came just three days after Comcast, the nation's largest cable company, sent a cease-and-desist letter to the NFL Network demanding the channel's representatives stop encouraging fans to leave the cable provider.

"I know I have been given a cease and desist to quit saying that, but that is a fact," Jones said. "It's frustrating to think millions of Cowboys and Packers fans won't be able to see it."

Fans in each local market will be able to see the game. NFL rules require that games televised on cable must be made available to an over-the-air provider in the home market cities.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

associatedpress.com
Believe me, I would love nothing more than to ditch Time Warner cable and switch to DirecTV. Unfortunitely for me, I have too many massive trees around my house and DirecTV couldn't get a signal when I tried to have it installed. There's a lot of people in my same situation that are screwed regardless. But I can't figure out why the NFL would put games exclusively on their network knowing that a majority of the United States still can't watch them.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard this earlier it is so stupid.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This sucks. I was looking forward to this game! And I only get cable also.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I got charter but tough Luck, I was upset when I couldn't see Pats-Colts and got stuck with some crap Texans game.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dammit!
this is BS

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
didnt they do this with the Colts/ Falcons game Thanksgiving?

Honestly this is stupid, but you cant really blame anyone b/c who seen the Packers being 10-1 at this point? who thought this would be the game to determine the best team in the NFC.

NOT ME!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
didnt they do this with the Colts/ Falcons game Thanksgiving?

Honestly this is stupid, but you cant really blame anyone b/c who seen the Packers being 10-1 at this point? who thought this would be the game to determine the best team in the NFC.

NOT ME!
Yes, but even worse...Dallas VS Green Bay will be NFL Network in Week 14.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I really hate this NFL Network. I can bet ya in 10 years that piece of junk will be history.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really hate this NFL Network. I can bet ya in 10 years that piece of junk will be history.
I doubt that very much. The NFL Network is actually a great network to watch. I love watching those classic games that they speed up by cutting out all the B.S. that goes on between plays. They also broadcast some good College games & hey...how could not love Rich Eisen?

The truth is that it sucks when you don't have it...and I don't have it.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have it and I like it, they play NFL games, classic games, re-show the game of the week usually...etc.

Sabbath

Reaction score
I got DirecTv, use to get NFL Sunday Ticket too back when it was like 150 per season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%