Mike Vanderjagt released

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
TORONTO -- Mike Vanderjagt has given the Toronto Argonauts the boot.

The Canadian football team announced Thursday it has granted Vanderjagt his request to be released, though the former Colts kicker said he's not necessarily retiring.

"I enjoy my life out of the spotlight," he said. "I thoroughly appreciate all the Argonauts have done for me over the course of my career both before my time in the NFL and after. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the organization."

Vanderjagt is the NFL's most accurate kicker, having made 86.4 percent of his field-goal tries. In 2003, he hit all 37 attempts, won the AFC scoring title and was picked for the Pro Bowl. He was also the NFL's scoring leader in '99, just his second season in the league.

"Having been born and raised in southern Ontario, I appreciate the feeling the fans there gave me of always being home," he said. "Instead of retiring, I have asked for my release to leave my options open in case my feelings change."

A native of Oakville, Ontario, Vanderjagt helped the Argos win consecutive Grey Cup titles in 1996 and '97 before signing with Indianapolis. He returned to the Argos last season after being released by the Dallas Cowboys late in the 2006 season.

Oiler35

Reaction score
He lives literally 5 minutes from my house, and he's an ex-Colt, so I have the utmost respect for Mike.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He lives literally 5 minutes from my house, and he's an ex-Colt, so I have the utmost respect for Mike.
Good, go knock on his door & tell him AE said he's a p***y!

Oiler35

Reaction score
LMAO.

Nah, if I were to ever go overe there, I'd probably be asking for an autograph, or a jersey.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
He should try and find a spot back in NFL. I mean, Jason Hanson has been there for 50 some years, Mike could come back and do the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%