Miami Trying For Both Odom and Boozer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Miami Heat are targeting both Carlos Boozer and Lamar Odom.

The Heat are trying to sell Odom on a five-year, $34 million contract at the mid-level exception, and a league executive with knowledge of the talks says Miami has also hatched a three-way proposal with the Utah Jazz and Memphis Grizzlies to secure Boozer.

Miami could pay Boozer his $12.7 million salary this season and own his Bird rights to sign him to an extension next summer.

The deal for Boozer is not imminent, but Utah will be motivated to trade him assuming they match Portland's offer for Paul Millsap, as expected.

Via Yahoo!

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they can get both, I would say they are a contender.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But what about Beasley? They are doing this to try and get Wade to stay, and at the same time they will be creating a log jam at the PF spot.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
B-Easy can play the 3. Just needs to tighten up that handle and work on his d more.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But what about Beasley? They are doing this to try and get Wade to stay, and at the same time they will be creating a log jam at the PF spot.
Odom would play SF, Boozer can play Center right? That would be a solution unless Boozer ultimately wants to play PF. I really wouldn't put Beasley at C.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Odom would play SF, Boozer can play Center right? That would be a solution unless Boozer ultimately wants to play PF. I really wouldn't put Beasley at C.
Beasley/Odom/Boozer But bigger teams would eat them.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
B-Easy can play the 3. Just needs to tighten up that handle and work on his d more.
To be honest, that's the postion he should be building for. He's not a PF IMO.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Beasley/Odom/Boozer But bigger teams would eat them.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, but they do have Jermaine though, so he can maybe come off the bench as a 6th man, or maybe even start when facing bigger match-ups.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't you think Jermaine would be part of the trade for Boozer? Beasley might be too, that's kind of unlikely though. But Jermaine will likely be moved for Boozer.

C'mon Rios use your brain.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just saying, if he wasn't, but yeah, he would probably be traded with him, wasn't using my brain I guess lol. I wouldn't move Beasley if I was Miami though, he still has a lot to prove.

Shadez

Reaction score
Whew! They would definitely be contenders. They'd have to run teams off the court though because they'll lack size and defense. But who plays defense in the NBA anymore? lol

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So far every team this decade that has won the championship has done it by playing defense.

Shadez

Reaction score
No one plays defense anymore man. They won championships because the other team didn't play defense. Championship games prior to this decade were scores in the mid 80's to low 90's. Now we're seeing low 100's to 120's. That's a difference of 30-40 points which equals no defense and more offense.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea not too many NBA PLAYERS play defense, BUT when you get a TEAM that commits to defense it's different.

Not many players play defense, it's all how the coaching staff gets the whole team to play. And it's not that defense is that bad that teams score 100-120 points a game(which is a huge exaggeration) teams score more like 87-96 points a game, and the reason to higher scoring with above average defense is due to players evolving more and showing they can play offense better then the 80's/90's

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
omg I really want Booz <3
Beasy just needs to work on that D.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you think Beasley needs to work on his Defense, then you don't want to see Boozer on your team ;)

Sure Boozer gets 20 and 11, but he gives that up plus more.

Shadez

Reaction score
Yea not too many NBA PLAYERS play defense, BUT when you get a TEAM that commits to defense it's different.

Not many players play defense, it's all how the coaching staff gets the whole team to play. And it's not that defense is that bad that teams score 100-120 points a game(which is a huge exaggeration) teams score more like 87-96 points a game, and the reason to higher scoring with above average defense is due to players evolving more and showing they can play offense better then the 80's/90's

It's not an exageration at all. Go look at the final scores of all the playoff games this year and you'll see the majority of them have 100+ to upper 90's as the final score. The differnce in scoring stems from the defensive rule changes they have made the past 10 years not how better players are offensively now a days. To be honest today's players can't shoot for the life of them. Players from the 80's and 90's shot better from the field. Today's players are dunkers which is why we're seeing more and more foreign players in the NBA because they bring that shooting touch with them. There are also no legitimate centers anymore either. So teams are smaller in general and just run up and down the court more then they did in the past.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
I like the new dude.. :thumbsup;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%