Melo addresses his 'selfish' label

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Carmelo Anthony addressed the widespread notion that he's a selfish player, pinpointing in his mind when the "Anthony is selfish" meme began.

"Let's be frank about it," he said. "When it comes to the Knicks, we're talking about one particular point in time. We're talking about the whole Linsanity thing. That's when it started. That's when it started to escalate as far as people saying I was selfish."

Jeremy Lin led the Knicks to an 8-1 record while Anthony was out with an injury last winter.

The Knicks stumbled when Anthony returned to the lineup, leading Mike D'Antoni to resign.

"Lin came and we started winning games and then we started losing games, and they could only point to one thing, which is me, the leader of the team," Anthony said. "They're not going to point to Amar'e (Stoudemire). They're not going to point to (guard) Iman Shumpert. They're going to point to me. I accept that. It doesn't bother me."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222791/Carmelo_Addresses_Selfish_Label_Says_It_Arose_During_Linsanity#ixzz22XFhKjy3
I honestly think Melo is better off without Lin; that is not saying that Lin is not talented though.

adamu

Reaction score
he needs to stop addressing the media so much and answer them on the court.

albeit i cant imagine how hard it must be to have the media and country swirling around you when it comes to something like that.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Everybody knows he's selfish, that he's me-first. It's not up to him to mesh with his team, it's up to the organization to figure out who can mesh with him.

Melo is not a player I find all that impressive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%