Martin Could Be Dealt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kevin Martin is entering the third season of a five-year contract worth about $53 million.

The possibility of Sacramento trading Martin appears to be greater than ever, especially after the team's 17-win season and questions over his toughness after a lingering ankle injury.

"You definitely want (the Kings' rebuilding) to speed up," Martin told the Sacramento Bee. "You definitely don't want to be scoring 25 (points) for no reason. ... But I've still got time. I definitely want to be part of this. I'm just along for the ride."
Guess this is just speculation. But the Kings would be pretty stupid to trade him.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't see anyone packaging enough for us t trade him. I mean, he's locked up for about 10m a season and it would have to be an offer that's blow Petrie away. He could be one of the best second scoring options in the league. I just can't see someone offering alot for him, which it would take.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It really all depends on what the leagues value is for him.

I havent had the chance to see much of Martin, so I cant give a good overview of his game, but he's obviously a good scorer, and theres a market for that.

I also think their backcourt will be a little crowded with him and Reke being scorers, so maybe moving him is the best idea, as long as they can get equal value.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can see this if we got a young point like Rondo. Then we could slide Reke over to the 2.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Or maybe a package like Kirk Hinrich, and more.

Not saying the Bulls would look into it even though the would need the scoring since the departure of BG, but it would make more sense for the Kings.

Reke is a ballhandling 2 guard, so he could still handle the ball, bring it up the floor and have a nice sidekick/kickout partner in Hinrich who could knock the 3 down.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I <3 Hinrich. One of my favorite players. But Martin > Hinrich.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That Hinrich plus doesn't sound bad. I could actually see that happening, and really it's almost a win-win for both teams IMO.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What would the plus be? Cuz I know we wouldn't do that straight up.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well Kirk makes more, so maybe a third team? Not sure, I'm not the GM LOL.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fukk that <Censored>. If im the kings im making no moves. They have 2 future possible all stars imo in the backcourt and you trade him. Screw that play reke at the 1 and martin at the 2.

I love kirk he's one of my fave players to ever play at the dynasty known as ku but no don't do it petrie.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont think the Kings would be interested in any other parts the Bulls would give up. My only guess would be adding Tyrus Thomas and in turn the Kings sending Garcia. But Idk, since the Kings are already set at PF with Thompson.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We don't have a backup though. Maybe Hinrich and Thomas and a future 1st for Martin and Udrih? I don't know. I'm open to trading K-Mart but only for a really good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%