Mark Cuban comments to Sterling situation

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I agree with his comment on this being a slippery slope. They oust Sterling and the rest of these owners better watch their asses, because one private recording and the standard has already been set by themselves.

Iceman

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Cuban because he tells it how it is.  He seems to be an overall great person and very knowledgeable about so many things.  This is a very "slippery" subject for sure.  Watching ESPN on this and Bruce Bowen commented on this subject and made NO sense!! Said no billionaire would be walking down the street to be in the situation to cross the street to get away from a bad situation (unfamiliar person).  Uh, Bowen you are missing the point of what of what Cuban is saying...... Cuban is saying that everyone- EVERYONE has some type of stereotype in some way.  Again, very sensitive topic and it's such an unfortunate situation that we go through this as a society.  

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
What he says makes sense in a "first time offender" type of situation, but Sterling has long been a racist and we've long known about it. It's not our fault that he chose not to get help he obviously needed. We shouldn't have to tell someone with that kind of power, whose views have that kind of magnitude, to improve himself. When you run a big show, you HAVE to play nice with everyone or things fall apart from the inside. 

Donald AND Shelly Sterling have long histories of racism, with Shelly's more apparent due to their apartment buildings and what tenants have complained about when it comes to her. 

It's a slippery slope but it's also a precedent worth setting, in my opinion. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
People bitch that interviews are boring and people that work in sports are too politically correct, but when someone speaks out and shares their opinion they get buried for it. Hypocrisy at its finest. Social media will always make anyone in the public eye hesitatnt to share their actual opinions.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
I appreciate Cuban's willingness to speak honestly and say what many think but won't say, but I don't understand the endgame in this for him. He should have backed away from this one and let someone else say these things. This can hurt him a whole lot more than it can help him.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
He is right though, if I'm driving to work at 8am and see 5 separate groups of Hispanic gentlemen hanging out on the road to my right, in the rain, I assume they are day laborers. Its been hammered in to our brains to draw a conclusion to an observation. So we're all guilty of it in one way or another.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
I appreciate Cuban's willingness to speak honestly and say what many think but won't say, but I don't understand the endgame in this for him. He should have backed away from this one and let someone else say these things. This can hurt him a whole lot more than it can help him.

Why do you think this will hurt him?  If anyone is smart enough to understand what he is saying, it has nothing to do with race.  I don't see this hurting him at all.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Shaggy said:

Why do you think this will hurt him?  If anyone is smart enough to understand what he is saying, it has nothing to do with race.  I don't see this hurting him at all.

Your first mistake: assuming most American citizens are smart enough to understand anything.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Your first mistake: assuming most American citizens are smart enough to understand anything.

You are right.  Sad but so true. :(

Iceman

Reaction score
BeWare your hit it right on the head.  We all assume that all Americans are somewhat smart, but that is not true.  Sad part now, is Mark Cuban now apologized to the Martin family about the "hoodie" comment, but still stood behind what he said about everything else.  Cuban was not trying to specify on the Trayvon case, but how "shady" or scary people look with hoodies on.  Especially at night time.... I know I would be!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%