Manfred: NL could adopt DH as soon as 2017

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Cubs lineup would be even better. As much as I love watching Lester bat, it would be better to watch Baez, or another one of their stud prospects coming up the line

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
All of the baseball historians and junkies will be up in arms because it's taking away a historic part of the game. I'm all for it though; I think that it will add excitement and the two leagues will be unified so that the NL doesn't have an advantage going into every game played against the AL.

catman

Reaction score
Honestly, it looks more and more like baseball will allow a "platoon" system -- an offensive team and a defensive team -- eventually. Not sure if I would like that, but I'm all for the DH in the NL. It allows the team to keep some of its most valuable assets safer. Let pitchers concentrate on pitching. Guys like Greinke and Bumgarner won't be happy, but I'd rather see someone other than Kershaw at bat with the bases loaded and 2 outs.

Sportacular

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the Dh coming to the NL. Pitchers hitting is honestly just giving the other team an out. The game need more offense, and I think it would be the best move for the MLB..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%