Managerial Carousel

catman

Reaction score
7 openings now with the firing of Mickey Calloway -- Mets, Pirates, Cubs, Royals, Angels, Padres and Giants, with more possible -- and lots of good candidates out there. Do teams go young or with an experienced guy?
One match I see is Maddon to the Angels. He coached in the Angels system for a long time and knows the way they do business very well.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mets wanna give Maddon a call but it's well known he prefers southern California. A lot of people are saying the angels, like you said, but I think San Diego could pony up the money for him.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Hope my guy Girardi gets a job

Dannyboy77

Reaction score
Hope my guy Girardi gets a job
Hopefully my Cubs snag him. He deifnitely wants to coach here and has made that clear before. But appears we're gonna go the cheap route and get Rossy or Loretta.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Hopefully my Cubs snag him. He deifnitely wants to coach here and has made that clear before. But appears we're gonna go the cheap route and get Rossy or Loretta.
I don't think it's the cheap route. I'd rather the Mets go after Girardi as well, but the trend is so obviously moving towards recently retired players who can "relate" to the players, and basically let the front office dictate everything.

Dannyboy77

Reaction score
I don't think it's the cheap route. I'd rather the Mets go after Girardi as well, but the trend is so obviously moving towards recently retired players who can "relate" to the players, and basically let the front office dictate everything.
yea that's definitely part of it. Theo was getting tired with Maddon near the end. David Ross would be loved by the players and definitely not fight with Theo's desires.

catman

Reaction score
8 openings now with Kapler out in Philly.

catman

Reaction score
Girardi is back in Philly. Chayce Tingler going to San Diego.

Last edited:

catman

Reaction score
David Ross to the Cubs, Joe Maddon to the Angels.

catman

Reaction score
Carlos Beltran to the Mets.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
I don’t think it was the popular one but I like the Beltran hire for them

catman

Reaction score
And now, the carousel has completed its run. Derek Shelton goes from being the Twins Bench Coach to the Pirates. Good hire, IMO. He is a great baseball man and has a lot of patience with young players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%