Malkin has torn MCL, ACL

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Via ESPN

Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin suffered a torn MCL and ACL on Friday night in a second-period collision with Buffalo Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers, coach Dan Bylsma said Saturday.

"Evgeni Malkin had an MRI this morning," Bylsma said. "The results show that he has a torn MCL and ACL. At this point in time we are discussing options with the doctors on what to do next. ...

"Surgery is a possibility. I'm not sure if there is a rehab possibility. But right now I just got the news on the MRI," Bylsma said.

Malkin had missed the previous five games with a left knee injury and sinus infection. The former league scoring champion has missed 10 games in all this season, most related to his knee.

Myers checked Malkin in Buffalo's left-wing corner and then fell back into him awkwardly, appearing to apply weight onto Malkin's left knee. Malkin laid on the ice for a few moments before heading to the locker room.

"This is a difficult injury for him," Bylsma said. "It was kind of a fluke situation going into the boards with a guy. That's a tough injury for Geno. We have dealt with games without him. We've managed to find our way without him. That's what we're going to have to look at now."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6093031&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Huge loss for Pittsburgh, look for them to make a big move at the deadline.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Best news I've heard all season in the NHL.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I hope for some Marc Savard type shit happens to Pavel or Henrik...
Haha Shelly. I'm pretty sure the Wings are done with injuries now considering half the team was/is still injured. But we are starting to trickle back.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha Shelly. I'm pretty sure the Wings are done with injuries now considering half the team was/is still injured. But we are starting to trickle back.
I hope they've got it coming to them, just because you said that shit

Fuck them

sarge

Livin' Young, Wild and Free
Reaction score
This fuckin sucks. and really, malkin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone but crosby, ovechkin

ryanmg

Reaction score
Huge loss for the Pens. Their cup hopes for the year are basically over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%