Magic aquire Cook and Evans from Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I highly disagree with you guys in that the Lakers got the bad part of this deal. Care to really elaborate how? It's good for both if anything.

Sasha's going to get more minutes, he fits the offense a lot better than Evans does, he's just like Ronny, always gives 110% everytime he's on the floor, quicker on defense, better ball handler, not a liability with that, and the way better shooter. Also this gives Vlad more time on the court which is a HUGE plus, he's back into form, he contributes everytime he's on the floor, the bench mob will flourish with him getting more time. (#1 Bench in the NBA statistically baby, not just an opinion ;) )

In NO WAY are Cook and Evans savvy veteran players LMAO
Cook is crap, he's nothing more then a spot up shooter that just stands under the basket on the defensive end, and doesn't even jump for rebounds, he just waits for them to come to him, which ultimately kills you. He's very very very unathletic, slow, a huge liability on defense, doesn't challenge in the post, he's pure crap. Evans is nothing more then a role player that deserves sporadic time, he's athletic and an okay defense... well to cut it short, he's just an older cheaper version of Ariza lol

gocelts34

Reaction score
I don't think this deal will have much of an impact for either side, but I guess Orlando got the better of it. Trevor Ariza and Maurice Evans are very comparable players, so I guess Cook gives Orlando the benefit.

Yo Whisper, I just wanted to point out that it's funny how in your sig Jordan Farmar made LA's big three.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think this deal will have much of an impact for either side, but I guess Orlando got the better of it. Trevor Ariza and Maurice Evans are very comparable players, so I guess Cook gives Orlando the benefit.

Yo Whisper, I just wanted to point out that it's funny how in your sig Jordan Farmar made LA's big three.
Muh man, do not speak if you don't know what's going on in Lakertown. The Lakers bench is #1 in the NBA, and that huge reason is Jordan Farmar. He's contributing EVERYWHERE on the court. Derek Fisher is the starter, but in the fourth quarter, even when its close and highly contested, it's not Fisher out on the court with Kobe, and Odom, it's Farmar. A true leader on the court, he's bringing himself up. He'll definitely be an MIP and 6th man candidate this season, probably won't win but he'll be up there.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brian Cook + James Augustine in Orlando... Sounds good to me.

EDIT: Anybody who says Cook sucks can <Censored> off.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man I didn't think that this trade was a great trade but on REALGM.com Orlando Magic's page theres is over 585 pages about this trade...
DAMN!!!

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
i think everyone is forgetting the main part of this deal BO OUTLAW

everyone needs a cool 12th man :)

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who's Trevor Ariza anyways? I know that he's young.

k-durant

Reaction score
I think it's kinda good for the sides. The Magic needed another PF after Battie was injured. They also get a solid player in Evans. I kind of liked Ariza but whatever. At least the Lakers get a solid defender.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who's Trevor Ariza anyways? I know that he's young.
He played for at UCLA for a yr then got drfated by a team(I forgot) then got traded to the Knicks then got traded to the Magic then got traded to LA.
and he can dunk and block some shots thats about it so far for his career.

Oh he got traded like 4 times but yet people still say he has lots of potentonal.
I like him but his self eseteem is so low prolly.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The knock on Ariza is that he doesn't really have a jumpshot. That's why he got bounced around, he doesn't fit with any of the teams he was on. The Magic want to surround Howard with shooters and that's what they did in Brian Cook, the Knicks like to run and gun it so he didn't fit there either. Ariza was brought in for his defensive presence, he's a lockdown defender, not just blocks, he can d' you up one on one, and with the Lakers running the triangle, not settling for jumpers most of the time, he's going to do well, he's a great finisher around the rim, that's what they do with guys like Ariza, move it around so he could go baseline where he'll be dangerous.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He played for at UCLA for a yr then got drfated by a team(I forgot) then got traded to the Knicks then got traded to the Magic then got traded to LA.
and he can dunk and block some shots thats about it so far for his career.

Oh he got traded like 4 times but yet people still say he has lots of potentonal.
I like him but his self eseteem is so low prolly.
Yeah he's got a pretty good defensive game also.His athletic ability is crazy like you said. They call him the putback King.But i feel the lakers got the better of this deal.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I call him Air-iza lol
i heard that somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%