Madden To Skip Sunday Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
John Madden will sit out NBC's Sunday night game at Tampa Bay to take a breather from cross-country bus trips. He will be replaced by Cris Collinsworth. "I just wanted to have a bye," Madden said Monday. He had been in Jacksonville on Oct. 5, had traveled to San Diego for Sunday's game and would have had to immediately drive south and east for the game between the Buccaneers and the Seattle Seahawks. "The whole thing starts with the Raiders and 49ers not being good," said Madden, who lives in Pleasanton, in northern California. "I never get a home game. I've got five grandkids now and I want to be home a little. Last year, I never got home at all." Madden will actually get two weeks off. On Oct. 26, NBC will not carry a game rather than go head-to-head with Game 4 of the World Series on Fox. He will return Nov. 2 for the New England-Indianapolis game.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Oh wo he's gonna miss one game out of what 500?

retry_1

Reaction score
favre now has a consecutive game record that is stationary to catch, lol.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah old guy needs the rest, but why Cris Collinsworth? That guy is impossible to listen to. The value of this weeks monday night game just went down.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sunday you mean? ;)

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol yea my bad
but hey your topic and it says Monday on the title ;)

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow. It does. Lmao.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
ya I noticed that too but never really thought it was an issue. Personally, I think Collinsworth is alright, but NBC will obviously keep it in house and exactly who else would they pick, that would WANT to or BE AVAILABLE to broadcast the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%