Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Reaction score
Click here to find out more!
{eot}
Decrease Text SizeIncrease Text Size
Text Size

Roberto Luongo has relinquished his role as captain of the Vancouver Canucks after two seasons.

The team made the announcement on Monday, after Luongo met with club president and general manager Mike Gillis.

“Roberto has been an excellent captain for our team the past two seasons,” Gillis said in a statement. “We respect and support his decision to relinquish the captaincy and are confident that he will continue to help lead our team through his tremendous character and work ethic both on and off of the ice.”

Luongo posted a 40-22-4 record in 68 games in the regular season, and led team Canada to a gold medal at the Olympics.

He struggled in the second round of the playoffs against the Chicago Blackhawks, allowing four or more goals in three of the clubs' four losses.

"I am honoured to have served as captain of the Vancouver Canucks for the past two seasons," Luongo said. "Being captain in a Canadian city for a team with such passionate fans is a privilege and an experience I will always take pride in. I will continue to be a leader on this team and support my teammates the same way I always have while focusing on our ultimate goal."

The Canucks will announce their new leadership group prior to the start of the regular season.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=333654

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good now there's only one thing he needs to focus on and that is to make saves.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Yeah Louie is my favourite tender, but I gotta admit its good he gave it up. Allows him to concentrate more on making saves and takes pressure off of him.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Just now saw this. I didn't know about it either. Good, he doesn't need that kind of pressure. He chokes enough during crunch time as it is, he shouldn't need to get his team in order on top of that.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Just now saw this. I didn't know about it either. Good, he doesn't need that kind of pressure. He chokes enough during crunch time as it is, he shouldn't need to get his team in order on top of that.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You mean to tell me 37 games in, you haven't seen this all season...

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
No sir, I have not.
I've barely had enough time to watch Blues games, between work, personal situations, and School lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%