Long exposure waterfall photography

andy

Reaction score
many of seen this because I posted it in the CT, but I worked with long exposure for the first time yesterday, thought the results turned out fairly well for my first time.

this was really just a test shoot, I shot this waterfall a week or so ago with normal exposure and I really want to go back to try out long exposure

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Looks real nice.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
id buy them if they were printed and framed, tbh.

andy

Reaction score
id buy them if they were printed and framed, tbh.
how does 500 sound ;)

haha jk, if you really want on though I could hook you up with the full quality and the site that you could get it printed. No charge for my dear old friend

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well shit, pm me the info :)

andy

Reaction score
man i shoulda bargained a lil more on that price ;) ha just messin, i'll hit ya with it

andy

Reaction score
Well here's the thing ha, all my equipment is handymedowns from my dad's upgrades. I recently poached the lens I used to take these from him, the reason I like this one over my other ones is the fact that it has an image stabalizer. Now I want to get a couple filters for it, but didn't have time before i left to go take these. It does have a filter on it, but any markings that might have been on it has since been rubbed off. So I don't have a clue if it's a neutal-density or a polarizer or what.

You're the expert, what would you recommend I get for a filter for taking shots like this?

I can't wait till I go home this weekend and am able to grab this beauty he's got at home, it's a $2,400 lens, the lens range is kinda shitty but it's an amazing lens. Not overly sure if my cheap ass $15 tripod will hold all the weight though ha.

fletch

Reaction score
A neutral density filter is your best bet.

andy

Reaction score
Ya I think I'm going to get one tomorrow because Monday I'm going on a two day 15 mile backpack trip and I know there are 11 waterfalls along the way. What about for lake and misc landscape shots, should I take it off and put a polarizing filter on?

fletch

Reaction score
look at Chris Crisman's work, his landscape work is amazing.

I'm going out to a provincial park in Niagara Falls tomorrow for some landscape photography, I need to learn some creative retouching to add to my work.

andy

Reaction score
look at Chris Crisman's work, his landscape work is amazing.

I'm going out to a provincial park in Niagara Falls tomorrow for some landscape photography, I need to learn some creative retouching to add to my work.
I'll check him out, I'm hoping to get so,e good early morning lake shots with the steam rolling off the water, hoping it'll turn out nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%