Lockout Coming Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The current collective bargaining agreement between the NBA and players union expires in 2011, and some involved believe that another lockout is a strong possibility.

The league has to decide by Dec. 15, 2010, whether to extend the collective-bargaining agreement through the 2011-12 season. If not extended, it expires June 30, 2011.

"If the economy doesn't turn in two years, there's definitely going to be a lockout because everybody is taking a hit in this recession," Kings' guard Bobby Jackson said. "The owners are definitely going to want to make some cutbacks, and the players aren't going to want to make the cutbacks.

"But I think we have to put our differences aside and say what's best, and that's playing this game and giving fans what they want and not being selfish."

dlc7619

Reaction score
players need to get their heads out of their **** and think about the fans not thier own pockets.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Exactly, they have a lot more money than regular people. Just think about the kids in Africa, starving. And they are all greedy for money.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"OMG DUDE LET'S LOCKOUT CAUSE WE ARE SHORTENED A COUPLE MILLION."

Gimme a break, these guys make millions to play a sport they should love. Quit being pricks.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
That`s just ridiculous. Although, I do see some wise words by Bobby Jackson, whoever has him on their NBA Sim League team should be proud.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That`s just ridiculous. Although, I do see some wise words by Bobby Jackson, whoever has him on their NBA Sim League team should be proud.
Well he got his ring in Detroit, that's why.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Well he got his ring in Detroit, that's why.
True. That pretty much explains it.

Back on topic though, if they did a lockout, I would go balistic because this shoudln`t really even be considered. Or at least not to the extent it is.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the NBA had a lockout, I'd be devastated. The NBA is the only sport I can actually watch every single day.

I'd be forced to follow hockey more.

dlc7619

Reaction score
had a lock out they could drop behind baseball as favorite sport to watch.Football 1) hockey 2) basketball then baseball. That not good baseball boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%