Lions Work Out Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Detroit News - Free-agent wide receiver Donte Stallworth will work out for the Lions on Wednesday, according to reports.

Stallworth's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, would not confirm nor deny the report.

He was suspended for the entire 2009 season after pleading guilty to felony DUI manslaughter.
I wouldn't object to signing him, we need WR help obviously. Depending on what shape he is in, he could help us a bit.

Nice to see Mayhew has the balls to possibly make a move that would have some controversy behind it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sign him, he'd help more then hurt us.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he might be decent as a slot guy now, but it might take him a year to get back into shape and into the game of football again. Low risk signing depending on the price if they do sign him.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Meh, I he's not their savior but he can help.

I wonder what kind of shape he is in though.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You boys in Detroit are about to see one of sactowns finest lol

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Lions dont pick him up they are stupid. Once he gets back into shape him and Calvin could be like Moss and Welker. Then Stafford can get an Oline and then we start winning games. So I hope Mayhem has the balls to do this.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Lions dont pick him up they are stupid. Once he gets back into shape him and Calvin could be like Moss and Welker. Then Stafford can get an Oline and then we start winning games. So I hope Mayhem has the balls to do this.
If your comparing Stallworth to Welker, that's a bit off haha. Welker is a lot better than Stallworth.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If your comparing Stallworth to Welker, that's a bit off haha. Welker is a lot better than Stallworth.
I said it could be like a Moss and Welker dou. Not that stallworth is as good as welker, Its that it could be like that.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well to be like that duo we would need wide-outs with similar talent lol.
Johnson is on the same level as Moss, but Welker is much better than Stallworth.

I do think we should give him a like 2 year deal though, he has been a journeyman, perhaps some stability will do him well.

But we also need an o-line and a running game.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
sigh welker blows. its all the system man.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Back when Stallworth was on the Patriots, he was the guy they threw screens at. Not Welker.

I'm not saying he's better, but don't forget that he was a great receiver and a screen man for the nearly un-defeated Patriots.

I do like Welker; however, Zag is right.

That system is designed around receivers. What does Maroney do? Pass block.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I guess your right.
Either way Stallworth would be a good investment if he is in shape and ready to roll next year.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Stallworth had about 700 yds and 3 TD's that season for the Pats in '07. And to let you know, the Patriots had a total of 1,921 rushing yards this season. 3 more yards than the Vikings, which shows that they don't just pass every play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%