Lions' Johnson Injured in Golf Cart Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

.loggie

Reaction score
ALLEN PARK -- As he got undressed at his locker Saturday afternoon, Detroit Lions receiver Bryant Johnson showed the scars and still-healing wounds from a golf cart accident he was involved in this summer. The cuts and abrasions covered almost every part of his body.

Johnson, who didn't practice Saturday and could miss a couple weeks, was placed on the Active/Non-Football Injury list.

"Bryant, unfortunately, had a golf cart accident back in early July,'' Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. "It was something we were well aware of. We took a couple of trips down to Atlanta to see him.

"There are no orthopedic issues with it, a lot of superficial wounds, road rash and those kinds of things. We'll take our time ... with him.''

Johnson said: "In the community that I live in, everybody uses golf carts to get around. (The golf car) got out of control and it was on two wheels and it fell over. I was driving, and it fell over on my side. It slid about 10 yards. There was a hill, but it wasn't a steep hill.''

Many of the wounds still appear to be a long way from healing, and recovery could be a lengthy process. Still, Johnson said the initial accident wasn't that painful.

"It really didn't hurt until the first time I tried to take a shower,'' Johnson said.
i thought this was pretty funny and unheard of, i'm glad to see he isn't seriously injured tho. i bet everyone read the title and thought it was calvin.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
i thought this was pretty funny and unheard of, i'm glad to see he isn't seriously injured tho. i bet everyone read the title and thought it was calvin.
yeah i deff did. lol

what a dumbass :headsmack:

YoYoYoMan

Reaction score
i thought it was more serious, and yea i thought it was Calvin aswell lol

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That wasn't cool. I was scared for a minute.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I didn`t know it was a golf cart, but clicked on this like a mad man because I thought it was Calvin also. Even though we have 3 Johnsons on our team. lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Read this yesterday so I knew it was Bryant :)

Hopefully he gets better ha.

dust247

Reaction score
They might have to start issuing drivers licenses for golf carts... How do you lose control of a golf cart unless your intentionally messing around? Some teams recievers, I tell ya... lol

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Next time be sure to put Bryant Johnson lol, get me ready to declare another winless season lol.

Albino

Reaction score
Damn! How fast was the golf cart going? What did they hook up some NAS to the tank to make that baby fly or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%