Knicks to persue Baron Davis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There is little doubt that the Knicks will shop for a point guard this summer, but at least one has come shopping for them. According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Warriors' Baron Davis has made inquiries into the interest of certain teams around the league, including the Knicks.

Davis, 29, has an opt-out clause for this summer that could make him a free agent, but the Warriors don't believe he would walk away from the final year and $17.8 million, which is money the dynamic but oft-injured guard likely wouldn't make on the open market. So Davis' only other play is to see if another team would pursue a sign-and-trade for him.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/k...0,5837452.story

That is just part of the article. I doubt they could make it work, and I doubt the Warriors would want anything unless they firesale their team, but heck, you never know, could happen.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh...If I were the Warriors I'd be interested in Jamal Crawford, guy can shoot (which is what the Warriors like to do), and then Monta could go back to playing PG, which he has played.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GS would want that pick, though I think...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im sure the Warriors would want the pick, I wouldnt complain, but I'd rather keep the pick. Especially with Baron being 29. If I had to choose, Id say keep the draft pick. But if we do decide to trade the pick, then Crawford HAS to stay, Crawford and the pick is too much. Im guessing a Marbury (and his expiring contract) + Pick deal for Baron.

But I like this alot more....

Ellis, 22, also might look to explore other options when the July free-agency period begins. A league source told Newsday that the athletic combo guard, who has flourished in Don Nelson's fast-break system, definitely has eyes for Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo style.
A sign and trade is much more likley to happen, and Im sure the Warriors would rather have Ellis then Biedrins. So We'll see what happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%