Kings trade Carl Landry to New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
for Marcus Thornton and David Anderson via Marc Stein

Sources say the Kings have agreed to trade forward Carl Landry to New Orleans in exchange for guard Marcus Thornton and forward David Anderson. The deal should be made official in the morning.
Sam Ammick

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow Hornets won this deal I think. Well depending on how Thornton does.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Landry never really fit in here in Sactown. Sucks all we get out of Kmart is Marcus Thornton but I guess having more CAP than anyone in the league is nice at the same time. I'm excited to see Thornton play tho, he was really exciting to watch when i saw him play last season.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But Thornton really reminds me of Jermaine Taylor who's already on our roster. Well, Taylor's probably a poor mans Thornton.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Sacramento Kings and New Orleans Hornets are closing in on a trade that would send Carl Landry to the Hornets for Marcus Thornton and David Andersen, according to sources briefed on the negotiations.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6149312&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

I LOVE this trade for the Hornets!!!!!! :]

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Landry was one of the few dudes I liked on the team. Last I heard he was open to signing a new contract with us too.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Landry was one of the few dudes I liked on the team. Last I heard he was open to signing a new contract with us too.
That's what he said, but who knows. At least Thornton is a restricted FA, so he's not going anywhere. And we really need help in the backcourt, while our frontcourt was crouded. The move was inevitable. Thornton was 2nd team all rookie last year when he got minutes so im excited to see how he does with an even bigger role in Sac.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Andersen was very nearly included, but he fell out of trade talks and cash will be sent to Sacramento instead.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the Hornets still have something up their sleeves, that's why Andersen is still a Hornet. Anyway, I wrote this little scouting report on Thornton if you want to read it:

Offensively, he can score, and score, and score some more. He isn't just a jump shooter either, he'll put it on the floor and get to the goal, he isn't scared. My complaint would be that he sometimes plays too fast, and plays too much out of control. Alot of times he'll drive wildely into the lane and force up a bad layup attempt, often ending in a miss or charge. Especially over the past few weeks, lots of charges. He is a GREAT offensive and defensive rebounder for his size. He's kind of a school yard player. Will take some bad shots, but will get a lot of clean up baskets. He just didn't fit in the Hornets system.

Defensively is where his downfall for the Hornets came. The Hornets are a defensive minded team, and Thornton has been known to have a big of a temperature, or ego. During the summer Monty Williams held a "defensive camp" for our young guys (mostly everyone) so they can understand Monty's defensive philosophy. Marcus decided not to come, and that has had a lot to do with his struggles. He's a DECENT man to man defender, but his biggest problem is responsibilities. He'll often get lost running through screens, he sometimes won't get through screens, he can be taken off the dribble. He misses on his rotations out to the three point line, and tries to help a little too often and leaves his man open for a shot. He is good at playing the passing lanes though, and rebounding like I mentioned.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now I'm hearing that the deal isn't done, Pacers are involved.

WTF?!?!?!?!

I will be highly pissed off...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Report: Kings trade Landry to Hornets for Thornton

Posted Feb 23 2011 1:25PM

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- A person familiar with the negotiations says the Hornets and Kings have verbally agreed to a trade sending forward Carl Landry to New Orleans in exchange for shooting guard Marcus Thornton.

The deal is pending league approval and is expected to become official before Thursday's NBA trade deadline, the person told The Associated Press on Wednesday on condition of anonymity because neither team has announced the trade.

With the Hornets hosting the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night, Hornets coach Monty Williams held Thornton out of the morning shoot-around.

Williams says he told Thornton to stay home because of a pending trade involving the former LSU star.

Landry sat out the Kings' loss in Miami Tuesday night.
Appears it is finally done.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Really like the deal for the Hornets. Landry will be real nice for them off the bench.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm glad it's done. Great trade for the Hornets.

Oh yeah, something weird is going on in NOLA. Past next season only Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza, and Jarrett Jack
are definetly under contract. Chris Paul and Quincy Pondexter both have options.

The Hornets are freeing up a ton of money.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hornets won for sure. i love this deal for them.

kings can have allt he cap they want, ill never be able to imagine a high level star signing there..

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
??? This wasnt a move for cap space?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Look out for CJ Miles to Hornets too. Not sure if it'll happen or not, but the Hornets are very interested.

Miles, Maggette, Brewer...maybe a few other guys too.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rip would be perfect as a Hornet.
Won't happen though lol.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Chris Paul will resurrect Carl Landry's career. The man was on his way to being a damn good, if not top-tier PF in Houston. A great point guard should put that back on track.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Landry has been excellent.

He had 4 points and 5 rebounds in his debut.
13 points and 3 rebounds in his second game.
17 points and 4 rebounds in his third game.

He also has two blocks. If he can keep this play up, I hope the Hornets can work out a S&T for David West during the offseason. Along with trading Chris Paul.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Landry has been excellent.

He had 4 points and 5 rebounds in his debut.
13 points and 3 rebounds in his second game.
17 points and 4 rebounds in his third game.

He also has two blocks. If he can keep this play up, I hope the Hornets can work out a S&T for David West during the offseason. Along with trading Chris Paul.
Wait you want Paul and West gone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%